DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP DJI GO Connection issue

Neebles

Reactions
Ok, I took my first flight today. It was short but overall went well. The app worked fine, everything worked great.

A little while later I go to make a second flight, and Im greeted with an "Aircraft Disconnected" error message on my phone. The RC connects fine, shows ready to go, but the app will not connect. I have restarted the Mavic, the Remote, and the phone to no avail. Im running Android, with the .15 firmware. Please advise.

It sounds like a cable issue. Make sure is is seated properly or try a different one. If you use the USB connection on the RC, make sure the side cable is disconnected from the RC.

It sounds like a cable issue. Make sure is is seated properly or try a different one. If you use the USB connection on the RC, make sure the side cable is disconnected from the RC.

I bought another cable at the advice of another member here.... I do not have anything plugged into the side. What I ended up doing was force quitting the app, and restarting everything. I turned on the Mavic, let it sit for a second, turned on the RC let it sit for a minute then started the app back up.... It launched properly. I should have left it be as my second flight was terrifying.... Battery got low, it said returning to home, and the Mavic took off in the other direction. Not sure where it thought home was, but definitely not where it was heading. Thankfully, my panic wasn't too bad and I was able to fight it back to me without incident.

... I turned on the Mavic, let it sit for a second, turned on the RC let it sit for a minute then started the app back up.... It launched properly. I should have left it be as my second flight was terrifying.... Battery got low, it said returning to home, and the Mavic took off in the other direction. Not sure where it thought home was, but definitely not where it was heading. Thankfully, my panic wasn't too bad and I was able to fight it back to me without incident.
On earlier SW/FW versions my Tab A would only work if I: 1) Turn on RC, 2) turn on Mavic, 3) restart Tab A. Even then the app would occasionally crash and I would have to restart the Tab A, but I always had a connection between the RC and the Mavic.

As for your home point issue, I can only speculate. The homepoint is recorded in the Mavic and not dependent on the app to work.

Just remember the cancel button on the RC. It will stop the Mavic and give you time to collect your wits.

Reactions: Neebles
On earlier SW/FW versions my Tab A would only work if I: 1) Turn on RC, 2) turn on Mavic, 3) restart Tab A. Even then the app would occasionally crash and I would have to restart the Tab A, but I always had a connection between the RC and the Mavic.

As for your home point issue, I can only speculate. The homepoint is recorded in the Mavic and not dependent on the app to work.

Just remember the cancel button on the RC. It will stop the Mavic and give you time to collect your wits.

Ok, cancel button on the RC. I kept hitting cancel on the screen, it would give me control, then RTH would turn back on and it would take off again. So, If I would have hit cancel on the remote itself, it would have been one and done?

Ok, cancel button on the RC. I kept hitting cancel on the screen, it would give me control, then RTH would turn back on and it would take off again. So, If I would have hit cancel on the remote itself, it would have been one and done?

Correct. If your app is going totally nuts, you can simply pull the connection and use the RC only.

Correct. If your app is going totally nuts, you can simply pull the connection and use the RC only.

ok great, thank you. I swear to you, I read the manual, watched videos, lurked around here etc, but it all went to **** when panic sets in.

ok great, thank you. I swear to you, I read the manual, watched videos, lurked around here etc, but it all went to **** when panic sets in.
Lots of things to be happy about with your posts, you didn’t panic, you regained control, and your bird made it home. There’s nothing like adversity to add to your knowledge base. Just think , If you keep having enough “ heart stopping moments” like that, you’ll be the one helping people out on this forum. Good Job and Keep Flying

Lots of things to be happy about with your posts, you didn’t panic, you regained control, and your bird made it home. There’s nothing like adversity to add to your knowledge base. Just think , If you keep having enough “ heart stopping moments” like that, you’ll be the one helping people out on this forum. Good Job and Keep Flying

My kids and I got a good laugh out of the video. I was narrating...LOOK OUT FOR THE CHIMNEY!!! Oh god it’s the gutter! THE CHIMNEY AGAIN!!! Ahh, theres the ground, OH NO WATCH THE SIDING!!!! I really can’t believe I didn’t even nick a prop.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast