DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My 74 y/o grandma wanted to fly my Mavic 2 Pro!

karlo_m

Reactions
Hi guys! I’m sharing this with you to spread some warmth! :D

My grandma who only got a touchscreen smartphone a year ago asked me if she could try flying my Mavic 2 Pro! I wanted to document her first flight so I set up my cameras and showed her some basics and automated functions.

I was quite surprised she got the grasp of it quite quickly. Hope you’ll enjoy the video! :D

Absolutely brilliant !!! Do those things that will create memories that will last your entire life , and do those things that will help others to appreciate the gift of having others that embrace your life as well as theirs .... I have been fortunate enough to have had grandparents on one side live to 88 , 93 , 95 , and 97 .... on the other 60 and 73 ... wish I'd had more questions for the older and wish I'd had more time with those that passed sooner ... enjoy your experience and thanks for sharing

Soooo awesome!

Love the smile it brought to her.

the video may not have a beginning, or an end, but it's a great story.

Maybe she needs a Spark, or Mavic to continue the saga. Do you have any older models to give her? I sense a new Vlogger waiting in the wings. She already knows the lingo... "...Lucky In the shot"

Hi guys! I’m sharing this with you to spread some warmth! :D

My grandma who only got a touchscreen smartphone a year ago asked me if she could try flying my Mavic 2 Pro! I wanted to document her first flight so I set up my cameras and showed her some basics and automated functions.

I was quite surprised she got the grasp of it quite quickly. Hope you’ll enjoy the video! :D

I find this and many of the replies to your post extremely patronising. I am 76 and would pit my wits and skills against most of you. Contrary to the ageist remarks in many of the replies, we geriatrics are just as capable of using drones. What is more I am extremely wary about letting my 19 year old grandson fly my MP2 as he is not prepared to spend time reading the manual - the misplaced confidence of youth.
Last year an 85 year old Japanese man climbed Everest on his own!!! How many of you would even attempt it? (Actually I wouldn’t either!!)
Ageism is as offensive as sexism, racism, homophobia etc.

Reactions: Texag1989
As everyone else has already said I am touched by your post. I only wish my father was still alive because I know for a fact he would be flying too!

I have a friend that's 76. He's been flying Phantoms for three years. He edits his own videos. He's made some stunning ones on his iMac with the 5K monitor that he bought just for the task.

I have a friend that's 76. He's been flying Phantoms for three years. (He actually got me into flying DJI products).

He edits his own videos. He's made some stunning ones on his iMac with the 5K monitor that he bought just for the task.

Ageism huh? Maybe when I get as old as you I’ll be kind of prickly about stories of the aged running something as technological, and fun, as a dji drone—but I don’t think so. I thought it was a great display of honoring his elders, and showing a more widespread use of drones in a strata of society the general public doesn’t think of when they hear or read stories about the misuse of drones. Maybe I’ll feel different when I turn 76–next year.

p.s. After rereading this I’m afraid I set the tone a little too rasty or combative. I don’t feel that way, I meant this in good fun. Sorry if I overplayed it a little. And yes, I am 75

Okay, sounds like a competition :D

Having lunch with my 84yo mother tomorrow... taking the M2P :D :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMvK