DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My First Posted 360-Pano

Vinz

Reactions
This is not my first-ever drone 360-pano, just the one I thought was good enough to post.
I've made numerous tripod/SLR panos before and I know how touchy everything can be. But things are even worse using a drone - in my opinion. I've seen some wonderful 360-panos here that were made with the Go4 app. I tried that and couldn't come close to what I saw others have done. But this pano, from my Mavic Pro, was shot RAW, so I needed to do some post production work at the very least. I had many stitching errors too, that I had to coax PTGui to fix. But I could hear the MP take hits from the breeze, and I know that contributes to stitching errors.
Anyway, here it is:
Covington Ave.

v

well done. 360-pano can be tricky, I use Autopilot. AP creates a perfect pano, at least for me. I also have Litchi but always had issues with it completing the task.

Last edited:
Thank you, Ddebello and ElGuapo.
I have used PTGui before for regular real estate panos, so that's why I upgraded to the pro version. But I will take a look at Autopilot too. You never know!

Thank you, Ddebello and ElGuapo.
I have used PTGui before for regular real estate panos, so that's why I upgraded to the pro version. But I will take a look at Autopilot too. You never know!

You still need PTGui Pro to stitch the photos, however Autopilot makes it so much easier to get the pictures you need for your 360. I know Litchi also has a pano function except that I always had problems with it regardless of the drone I used.
The only thing about Autopilot is that the interface is not as rich as Litchi's, however it is a very powerful application.

You still need PTGui Pro to stitch the photos, however Autopilot makes it so much easier to get the pictures you need for your 360. I know Litchi also has a pano function except that I always had problems with it regardless of the drone I used.
The only thing about Autopilot is that the interface is not as rich as Litchi's, however it is a very powerful application.

Thanks!
I Googled Autopilot stitching software, and didn't see anything that matches what you're talking about. Is AP an app that runs in place of DJIGo4?
Sorry, I didn't know that AP was a capture only app. I need to do more research.

Thanks!
I Googled Autopilot stitching software, and didn't see anything that matches what you're talking about. Is AP an app that runs in place of DJIGo4?
Sorry, I didn't know that AP was a capture only app. I need to do more research.

Autopilot is an App similar to Litchi, with autonomous and semi-autonomous flight modes to complete tasks that are almost impossible to complete manually, an app that runs in place of DJIGO4.

Autopilot has nice tutorials on youtube.

Autopilot has nice tutorials on youtube.

Thanks, El, for your help. I really appreciate it!
But I'm a newbie Mavic user, and these videos are quite beyond me at this point. I don't even know what the Go4 app can do yet! But - it does have a spherical pano mode - that's how I did the pano here. It takes 34 shots in just a couple of minutes, and then it's all post-production after that. I haven't even tried waypoints flying yet. I have a long way to go.

Reactions: passedpawn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661