DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mount Solution to the 5.5" CrystalSky

Topquark is the member who designed it. The OP of this thread.

This is the link I ordered it from

5.5" Crystal Sky Mount for DJI Mavic Pro by Reinon on Shapeways

You do need to buy thumb screws sepreatly. I got mine from Amazon. The ones I got were way to long so I cut them.
I think this looks like the best way to mount it, I plan on buying the Crystalsky this week, have you had any problems with it disconnecting or anything else. I always hear mixed results about everything form the ipad, android devices, crystalsky and so on.

No disconnects from my mavic or spark. Works great and screen and battery life are awesome.

I think this looks like the best way to mount it, I plan on buying the Crystalsky this week, have you had any problems with it disconnecting or anything else. I always hear mixed results about everything form the ipad, android devices, crystalsky and so on.

No disconnects from my mavic or spark. Works great and screen and battery life are awesome.
Thanks for letting me know I have the ipad mini 4 and it really isn't to bad with a sun shade. I really like the Crystalsky for how small it is with the Shapeways mount it keeps everything very compact and doesn't look like it would draw as much attention as the ipad with a shade.

Still waiting on my shapeways mount. Kind of pisses me off. They shipped it UPS mail innovations which is the stupidest shipping method I have ever seen. I'm in AK so it takes a week to get to Federal Way WA and sits there for who knows how long. I think they then barge it up so basically I'm waiting a month to get it. USPS priority or even first class would of been here in 3-4 days. It shipped 8/30 and is scheduled to be delivered 9/19

Still waiting on my shapeways mount. Kind of pisses me off. They shipped it UPS mail innovations which is the stupidest shipping method I have ever seen. I'm in AK so it takes a week to get to Federal Way WA and sits there for who knows how long. I think they then barge it up so basically I'm waiting a month to get it. USPS priority or even first class would of been here in 3-4 days. It shipped 8/30 and is scheduled to be delivered 9/19
I actually just ordered it for this reason I didnt even order the Crystalsky yet. But BH Photo has them in stock and I get items shipped next day free and no later then 2 days.

I just got the Crystalsky last week and only have about 45 minutes on it so far, but I haven't had any problems with it connecting or disconnecting. The App itself froze up on me once, but the CS was able to shut it down and restart the app quickly.

The mount is great. All the other mounts on the market seem real big and blocks the LCD screen. I like to be able to see both screens. This mount places the CS out of the way and keeps the remote compact

I cant help but think this CS was an after thought.

You have done a great job though to deal with the excessive width of the device.

How are the ergonomics with the increased width where normally the base of your thumbs rest on the fold out bat wings?
Please post your STL file, nice design.

I have been using the Shapeways mount with the CrystalSky for about 3 weeks now and for me the positioning and grip is spot on. Mounting the CrystalSky this way raises the unit slightly higher than a phone, I find it actually helps me be more precise with movement of the sticks as I rest my thumbs on the edge of the monitor. Utter simplicity connecting the CrystalSky and remote, no more taking my phone out of its case, and it feels like one complete unit when connected. I can't praise this simple mounting method enough.

Not had a single Go4 app dropout since and I love being able to see everything clearly. With my iPhone 6s+ I was constantly struggling to see much on brightish days even using a sun hood, which meant more of my attention was diverted to seeing the screen rather than just enjoying the flying.

I can't imagine flying without it now, if you're thinking about buying a CrystalSky go ahead, you won't regret it [emoji41]

Reactions: Adamcain112
Okay... so we have the mount the only thing left is a travel / storage case.

Since there is not much use for the Crystalsky it seems like I leave it with the controller. So it seems to make sense to keep them together while traveling too.

What are you guys doing?

Since there is not much use for the Crystalsky it seems like I leave it with the controller. So it seems to make sense to keep them together while traveling too.

What are you guys doing?

I just use a small bumbag that we had lying around for the Crystalsky and the mavic, remote, spare battery, filters and cables go in the dji bag. Keeps everything easy to carry [emoji3]

Here's my solution to the 5.5" mount:
  • Compact - Almost same L x W of CrystalSky
  • Portable - It can stay attached to the CrystalSky
  • Protection - Has an option for snap-on lid
  • Retains the Mavic Pro controller handling
  • Does not block the controller screen
  • Easy to set up just like cell phones
  • It is strong. Made of strong plastic.
  • It works great and it is so light! It weigh only 1.85 oz (52 gms).
View attachment 19437 View attachment 19438 View attachment 19439 View attachment 19440 View attachment 19441 View attachment 19442 View attachment 19443 View attachment 19444

This looks very good indeed. when i looked at the shapways link the optional lid you have in the photos did not seem to be available is there another link for the lid ?

Reactions: Mike357
just got this mount from shape ways. its perfect. i used the hardware from the inspire crystal sky mount. i then opened the inspire crystal sky mount and took the usb cable from it. everything works perfectly.

ill post pics if anyone is interested.

This looks like the perfect solution for me - ordered!
It will replace my home made mount, which is generally of the same principle but looks like heck!:D

just got this mount from shape ways. its perfect. i used the hardware from the inspire crystal sky mount. i then opened the inspire crystal sky mount and took the usb cable from it. everything works perfectly.

ill post pics if anyone is interested.
Please post pictures I bought the Shapeways mount still need to buy the Crystalsky

What are you guys doing?

I'm going to try a garmin gps case

7 Inch Garmin GPS Case Extra Large Hard Shell Nuvi Tomtom Carry Travel Bag Cover | eBay

BOVKE Hard EVA Shockproof Protective Carrying Case for Garmin nuviCam nuvi | eBay

Thanks for the images, I like this mount better all the time and look forward to receive mine.

Love your USB-C cable! Can you tell where you got it?

medium_b54abaa8-5007-4e89-857c-79e0338bb1c1.jpg

i no longer needed my inspire crystal sky mount so i unscrewed the mount plate and took the usb cable out of the mount.

Reactions: Frits
medium_b54abaa8-5007-4e89-857c-79e0338bb1c1.jpg

i no longer needed my inspire crystal sky mount so i unscrewed the mount plate and took the usb cable out of the mount.
I was hoping that it could be purchased somewhere. Perfect fit for the Mavic, very nicely done!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_