DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Safari Trip to Kenya ;)

Very nice. Envious you got some views from above. I went to South Africa late last summer for a safari and I didn't bring mine because I thought I'd have a problem with customs during our stay in London. Such a beautiful country and amazing experience. Could only have been better if I had an opportunity to fly.

Why do you say that?

Has there been a problem there?
Yep there sure is they have been checking all camera bags to make sure no video is being taken . Although our Dslrs take fantastic video . I think the idea is that the big movie studio productions pay big bucks to film in Africa . I have done a Photographic safari to the Masi Mara last year, and no drones allowed !. Then David Lloyd wild life photographer emailed me saying they are checking all luggage for video equipment .

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lucky! I'm in Kenya now but didn't bring my Mavic as I thought it was illegal! I've been wishing I had it this whole time! Nice video too. -CF

Yep there sure is they have been checking all camera bags to make sure no video is being taken . Although our Dslrs take fantastic video . I think the idea is that the big movie studio productions pay big bucks to film in Africa . I have done a Photographic safari to the Masi Mara last year, and no drones allowed !. Then David Lloyd wild life photographer emailed me saying they are checking all luggage for video equipment .

We were there in Jan. 2001, when there were no restrictions on video. Of course, there were no drones back then

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes