DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Navarre FL vacation question.

Antacus

Reactions
Hello, I am new to this forum and the whole drone flying hobby. A few months ago I bought my mavic pro and I absolutely love it. Anyway I am going on vacation starting tomorrow down to Navarre, FL and was wondering if anyone knows the restrictions or anything in the area? I have searched and it is a lot of old articles and I know things change. Thanks for any input and the help!

Hello, I am new to this forum and the whole drone flying hobby. A few months ago I bought my mavic pro and I absolutely love it. Anyway I am going on vacation starting tomorrow down to Navarre, FL and was wondering if anyone knows the restrictions or anything in the area? I have searched and it is a lot of old articles and I know things change. Thanks for any input and the help!
Navarre is a tough area. There are a lot of airports and military operations nearby. At Navarre itself there are a couple of airports but their numbers are posted on AirMap. Do your diligence.

If you drive west you are into the National Seashore but if you continue West, you’ll come out of the seashore, for a short while before you get into Pensacola airspace. This is a good area to fly and you’ll probably see some powered paragliders in this area also.

Regardless of where you are, beware of regular low altitude helo traffic just offshore or even over the beach.

Oh, and the Blue Angels but they stay pretty high.

Thanks for the info. I will be staying at a condo on gulf Blvd, so just follow that road all the way west? I checked the app UAV Forecast and it said that area is good to fly but I don't know how trust worthy that app is. If anything I'm just going to travel around until i can fly. I just want footage of the beach. I figured in winter months it would be perfect. Again thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info. I will be staying at a condo on gulf Blvd, so just follow that road all the way west? I checked the app UAV Forecast and it said that area is good to fly but I don't know how trust worthy that app is. If anything I'm just going to travel around until i can fly. I just want footage of the beach. I figured in winter months it would be perfect. Again thanks for the info!
Yes, drive west on Santa Rosa Island for a few miles and the National Seashore will end. There are some pulloffs there with beach access. Enjoy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu