DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters

Did you get these filters for a Mavic Air already? I thought they hadn’t been released yet.

Yep! I ordered them directly from PolarPro. They weren’t supposed to ship until February 7th but they shipped early and I got them yesterday. Very nice filters and build quality. They’re tiny but they come in a nice small case with foam inside. I got the Cinema Series ND/CPL set with 4, 8 and 16.

I just ordered the Cinema series 6 pack.

Last edited:
Yep! I ordered them directly from PolarPro. They weren’t supposed to ship until February 7th but they shipped early and I got them yesterday. Very nice filters and build quality. They’re tiny but they come in a nice small case with foam inside. I got the Cinema Series ND/CPL set with 4, 8 and 16.

I am thinking of ordering a set. Was just curious, are you still able to use the stock gimbal cover with these or do you have to remove them prior to putting it back on?

I am thinking of ordering a set. Was just curious, are you still able to use the stock gimbal cover with these or do you have to remove them prior to putting it back on?

Yes they fit perfectly in the stock gimbal cover :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: ZAG and JakeS
My Cinema 6-pack came in. Now I need to learn how to actually adjust camera settings to take full advantage of them. Also, can you use Ziess wipes on the glass. It’s virtually impossible to get the included microfiber cloth in there to clean a smudge.

They will eventually be in stock at B&H. If you want them soon, then you'll need to order them here on Amazon or directly from PolarPro.

Did you get these filters for a Mavic Air already? I thought they hadn’t been released yet.
Polar Pro cinema lenses came out yesterday. Mine shipped over the weekend I got them yesterday :).

Polar Pro has great customer service. I was having issues with how tight the filters were on my MP and they sent me a new set w/out any hassle.

Reactions: PolarPro
Yah BH should be receiving some next week (as long as they have not already sold their first order)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Jeff: Which filters do you recommend, the Cinema Series or Vivid Series for the Mavic Air?

Jeff: Which filters do you recommend, the Cinema Series or Vivid Series for the Mavic Air?
Its tough to recommend either the Cinema Series or the Standard Series because everyone has different preferences on quality and budget.
I personally shoot the Cinema Series (both Vivid Collection and Shutter Collection) because I am pretty obsessive over image quality. About 75% of our customers choose the Cinema Series. But like I said both are good, and if you ever want to upgrade or downgrade our customer service is outstanding and we will get you taken care of.
Happy to answer any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Last edited:

I think you might have mixed something up? Or I might have mixed something up?

As far as I understood from looking at the filters available they're cinema series vs standard series (different quality glass) and shutter series vs vivid series (filter type). You can get cinema series vivid which will be super high quality glass polarised neutral density filters or cinema series shutter series which will just act as a neutral density filter.

The difference between Cinema and Standard is the quality of the glass. The difference between Vivid and Shutter is that Vivid is polarised.

Whether you want the best possible glass or the cheaper option determines if you get Cinema or Standard. Whether you want a polarised filter or not determines if you get Vivid or Shutter.

I think you might have mixed something up? Or I might have mixed something up?

As far as I understood from looking at the filters available they're cinema series vs standard series (different quality glass) and shutter series vs vivid series (filter type). You can get cinema series vivid which will be super high quality glass polarised neutral density filters or cinema series shutter series which will just act as a neutral density filter.

The difference between Cinema and Standard is the quality of the glass. The difference between Vivid and Shutter is that Vivid is polarised.

Whether you want the best possible glass or the cheaper option determines if you get Cinema or Standard. Whether you want a polarised filter or not determines if you get Vivid or Shutter.

This is correct,
The Cinema Series comes in the Vivid Collection, Shutter Collection, Limited Collection, and 6Pack.
The Standard Series is a different line of glass.

I was comparing the Cinema Series to the Standard series in the response above :)
-Jeff

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gshu