DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters

This is correct,
The Cinema Series comes in the Vivid Collection, Shutter Collection, Limited Collection, and 6Pack.
The Standard Series is a different line of glass.

I was comparing the Cinema Series to the Standard series in the response above [emoji4]
-Jeff

Can you use Zeiss wipes on the Cinema series filters? I got a smudge on the inside of one and using a microfiber isn’t really easy to get rid of it. Also, do you know when your how to video for setting the CPL will be available?

Can you use Zeiss wipes on the Cinema series filters? I got a smudge on the inside of one and using a microfiber isn’t really easy to get rid of it. Also, do you know when your how to video for setting the CPL will be available?
Yes you can. We have an install / cleaning video going live today to show you how to properly clean them :)
If you don't have one of those lens pens, a q-tip and a Zeiss wipe can work great. I like to place the filter on a flat surface while cleaning the inside.

-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: gnuPilot
Just got my PolarPro Cinema Series Shutter pack yesterday. They look great. No I just need some time to try them out.

Mine arrived today! I threw a quick review video together

I am impressed with the quality again though I really shouldn't be at this point. Really great stuff Jeff! I'm not going to bother trying any other filters this time...

Order update; apparently mine are arriving today instead of Monday!

+excitement

Now I need to learn how to actually adjust camera settings to take full advantage of them.

The camera settings stay constant. It's the filters that get changed as the ambient light changes. Earlier today, here in LA, I started shooting at 3pm. All my scenes include lots of sky. My manual settings for video are 1080/30 at a 60th of a second (the HDTV that I use for viewing is 1080p).

To maintain an EV of 0.0: at 3pm, I needed a 32ND-PL but as the sun continued to set, I needed to change to 16ND-PL, 8ND-PL, 4ND-PL. For the night scene, I switched to Auto with no filter. I also have a 64ND-PL for shooting on beaches -- a total of five filters.

I use only ND-PL filters as even when they have no effect on the sky, the ND-PL filters will decrease the light emanating from reflective surfaces, such as the bumpers on automobiles.

To be sure I am getting the maximum effect, I hold each filter close to my eye and rotate it using the fingertips of both hands. Once I've found the correct position, I hold the filter in place with my right thumb and forefinger and gently apply it to the gimbal of my MP, which I am holding in my left hand WITH THE GIMBAL CLAMP IN PLACE AND THE AIRCRAFT TURNED OFF.

All the filters are Polar Pro. They go on with only minimal pressure on the gimbal. However, to remove them, I not only have the gimbal clamp in place but also hold the lens with my left hand.

P.S. I bought the 4, 8 and 16 ND-PL filters as a set; the 32 and 64 are available separately on the Polar Pro website.

The camera settings stay constant. It's the filters that get changed as the ambient light changes. Earlier today, here in LA, I started shooting at 3pm. All my scenes include lots of sky. My manual settings for video are 1080/30 at a 60th of a second (the HDTV that I use for viewing is 1080p).

To maintain an EV of 0.0: at 3pm, I needed a 32ND-PL but as the sun continued to set, I needed to change to 16ND-PL, 8ND-PL, 4ND-PL. For the night scene, I switched to Auto with no filter. I also have a 64ND-PL for shooting on beaches -- a total of five filters.

I use only ND-PL filters as even when they have no effect on the sky, the ND-PL filters will decrease the light emanating from reflective surfaces, such as the bumpers on automobiles.

To be sure I am getting the maximum effect, I hold each filter close to my eye and rotate it using the fingertips of both hands. Once I've found the correct position, I hold the filter in place with my right thumb and forefinger and gently apply it to the gimbal of my MP, which I am holding in my left hand WITH THE GIMBAL CLAMP IN PLACE AND THE AIRCRAFT TURNED OFF.

All the filters are Polar Pro. They go on with only minimal pressure on the gimbal. However, to remove them, I not only have the gimbal clamp in place but also hold the lens with my left hand.

P.S. I bought the 4, 8 and 16 ND-PL filters as a set; the 32 and 64 are available separately on the Polar Pro website.

The procedure with the PL filters will be different as they actually spin in the ring.

I'm not going to bother trying any other filters this time...
How did you determine they are "The Best Mavic Air ND Filters" then? ;)

Reactions: JakeS
How did you determine they are "The Best Mavic Air ND Filters" then? ;)

hmmmm good point... now I'll have to buy some more filters just so I can test and definitively say which are best ;)

Last edited:
Hi Jeff

Could you tell me where I could get hold of a set based in the UK

Cheers

Hi Jeff

Cheers

They don't seem to be available anywhere in the UK yet (at least the last time I looked) - I just ordered mine from the main US store. Delivery is quick.

Mine arrived today! I threw a quick review video together

I am impressed with the quality again though I really shouldn't be at this point. Really great stuff Jeff! I'm not going to bother trying any other filters this time...
Awesome! Thanks for supporting our brand,
-Jeff from PolarPro

Hi Jeff

Cheers
I think our UK distributor order is going out today or Monday. Stock should arrive late next week and be
distributed out the the shops at that time. I don't have a list yet of which shops are getting them first from our
distributor.
Happy to answer any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

I think our UK distributor order is going out today or Monday. Stock should arrive late next week and be
distributed out the the shops at that time. I don't have a list yet of which shops are getting them first from our
distributor.
Happy to answer any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Jeff - did you guys ever put out a video for adjusting the CPL filters?

Jeff - did you guys ever put out a video for adjusting the CPL filters?
PolarPro released the video below in 2016 that explains how to adjust a PL filter on the Phantom 4. This will work for the Mavic Air filters too since they are designed exactly like their P4 filters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot