DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need a generic charger recommendation for Air 3

megapixle

Reactions
Preferably Amazon. I've seen reports of batteries overheating when charging at 100W, so I'd like to only charge them at 65W. I'm okay with increased charge time. Also would like to be able to charge the controller simultaneously off the same charger, not sure what the ideal wattage is on that one.

If you'd prefer using an OEM DJI charger, their 65W charger is available here in the DJI Store. I see a knock-off on Amazon, but none of the listings seem to be for the OEM charger.

@megapixle ,i have the DJI100W charger ,and yes the batteries do get quite warm during the charging process the max output of each of the two ports on the 100W charger is quoted at 82W and it can charge the batteries in the hub and the RC both at the same time ,your must remember that these are big batteries there 4s and they take a lot of current to charge ,but although they do get quite hot the, BMS and the hubs electronics ,will prevent them from over heating, by shutting down the charging cycle , i would advise having a small desk top fan blowing over the charger and the hub this helps dissipate the heat, i believe that the references to overheating were because of the extreme heat that is happening in the US ,if the 100W was likely to damage the batteries ,i dont imagine that DJI would recommend it for the AIR 3 in that case

Last edited:
I wouldn't be concerned about batteries warming during charging. Too hot to comfortably hold in your hand is bad. They're not that hot, are they?

For chargers, I'd recommend getting a large capacity 100W PD powerbank, and 65W or more PD power adapter (actually, I'd recommend a 200W multiport beast, but now I'm spending a lot of your money 🙂).

The advantage here is the PB can be used in the field to recharge and keep flying. And can, of course charge other things. Ignoring money, here's what I have (images are hyperlinked to Amazon):

Alfox 30,000mAh 100W powerbank, $90

Wotobeus 130W 4-port PD charger, $90:

Last edited:
Thanks, I will look at those. Regarding battery overheating while charging, I watched a video review and charging to the battery actually shut off when the battery got too warm. I don't want any scenario where my batteries are unexpectedly uncharged because they overheated during charging. I'm perfectly happy waiting an additional 20 minutes or whatever to charge at 65W.

Also--side question for those that have the Air 3--does it only come with a single USB-C cable? So in addition to purchasing a power supply I also need another USB-C cable if I want to charge both the batteries and charger simultaneously?

The 200W versions of this form factor include a 65W port instead of a 30W port. There is a brand available for $99 I've never heard of, and a Wotobeus version for $129, quality I will vouch for as an existing customer.

Also found a 65W power bank for you, can't say anything about how good/bad it is.

Click the image to head over to Amazon:

Reactions: megapixle
And then you could just head over to Amazon and search for "65W charger" or "100W charger". There must be dozens available there that work very well. Check out the reviews and features to see if they'd be a good fit for what you need.

Reactions: Torque
I don't really feel like debating this point, just looking for charger recommendations as stated in my OP. But yes, fake reviews from 'verified' buyers are absolutely a problem. I'd prefer to not derail this thread though. You could start a thread in Off Topic if the discussion is interesting to you.

I don't really feel like debating this point, just looking for charger recommendations as stated in my OP
No worries. I'm not here to debate either. It's your topic and you brought it up, so I thought that meant it was fair game.

Back on topic... the link I shared above is the charger I'm currently using with my Air 3. It works well and the batteries don't overheat (not even sure that's a common issue though).

I could easily recommend almost any of the Anker chargers on Amazon. I personally use
Amazon.com and like it so much I got one for each of my kids and carry one in my gear bag. You only get the full 65w if single charging on one of the USB c ports, otherwise it breaks the total up across the ports used maxing out at 40w on a USB c. And it's on sale right now

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead