DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Advice on Critical issue.

Seventh Fairy

Reactions
So ever since I updated the fly app to the latest update, I have been having serious issues and now the app does not work at all!
THINGS IVE TRIED
1.Uninstalling + Reinstalling = DID NOT WORK
2. Clear Data+Cache+Resetted app = DID NOT WORK
3. Tried install previous version = DID NOT WORK

The last tablet I had titled not work because it did not have GPS capability of any kind and the app will not work without allowing GPS which wasn't possible. SO I went and spent $369 on a 12 inch android tablet, did not work, controller keps disconnecting from tablet 3-4 times every few seconds no matter the wire I used.

This tablet (Samsung Galaxy A8 10.5) the fly app since the latest update Mobile constantly loses connection to the RC.

The drone since I got it, constantly loses connection to the rc as well and almost caused a crash today.
I don't know what to do, but I dropped my last 2700 on this on djis official ebay store and now everything keeps going wrong. Is there anything I can do-? BTW, I could not afford and still cannot afford the insurance.

So ever since I updated the fly app to the latest update, I have been having serious issues and now the app does not work at all!
THINGS IVE TRIED

The last tablet I had titled not work because it did not have GPS capability of any kind and the app will not work without allowing GPS which wasn't possible. SO I went and spent $369 on a 12 inch android tablet, did not work, controller keps disconnecting from tablet 3-4 times every few seconds no matter the wire I used.

This tablet (Samsung Galaxy A8 10.5) the fly app since the latest update Mobile constantly loses connection to the RC.

The drone since I got it, constantly loses connection to the rc as well and almost caused a crash today.
I don't know what to do, but I dropped my last 2700 on this on djis official ebay store and now everything keeps going wrong. Is there anything I can do-? BTW, I could not afford and still cannot afford the insurance.
Sounds like you need to open a warranty case with DJI.

What drone model?
If you purchased from DJI it has a standard 2-year warranty for manufacturer's defects.
Where did you download DJI FLY? What version?
Drone relies on GPS directly.

I got it from ebay on dji main store, it's mavic 3. The bundle, I actually managed to fix it though, I am not liking the Samsung galaxy a8. I think I might go back to my Xiaomi miumiu tablet. It was in in settings a guy I used to fly with walked me through the process via Skype. But I don't like the fact that I have to have location on my tablet on when I use the app, it wasn't like this before the last app update. I am still however still getting disconnected from mobile error.

Going by the price I assume this a Mavic 3 of some sort?

If the drone was bought recently from DJI via ebay then I would have thought
a) there would be of warranty, it may be a legal necessity for a product that was refurbished by the manufacturer.
b1) if the drone is not functioning correctly then you are possibly covered by Ebay's T&C for goods being "not as described".
b2) similarly if you used PayPal but look into the ebay thing first
b3) similarly if you used a credit card.

All the above said it would be useful to establish that the problems are not due to your choice of screen device, search the forum here for what you have and see if there are threads concerning them. Or google them and or the App.

With regards to "........not work because it did not have GPS capability of any kind....." I do not think location services of any kind are a MUST on the screen device.

With regards to the installing other versions of the App. I would connect the screen devices to a computer, preferably a Windoze comptuer and
1) check to see if you have any flight logs on those devices. Where they are stored depends on the app version.
For pre 1.5.4 ? versions they are in somewhere like

My_PC\your_phone's_name\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord

For the other versions they are in somewhere like

My_PC\your_phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord That path is from vague memory so its start may not be correct.
( I am on a Mac at the moment and don't have a phone to hand)

If using a Mac you will have to google etc. to find out how to find them but the pathes to the storage folder will be similar.
If you want to keep any logs then move them to the computer.

2) Delete the app in the normal way
3) Using the computer delete the folderS named "dji.go.v5" that you should find in both
My_PC\your_phone's_name\Phone\DJI
and
My_PC\your_phone's_name\Phone\Android\data

4) reinstal the app (probably an older version)

Last edited:
It came with a limited 2 year warranty but it was a state farm warranty which does cover it but, when I called state farm, they said it was covered if someone broke into my house and stole it or if it was damaged by a flood or weather related damage or fire, flying it or user related damage was not covered, and the state farm in my area does not cover it at all. So I effectively have zero warranty whatsoever ever. This is what I got. BTW I also got extra Batts and so on, that's why the price was 2769 in total

OK I see the one in the link I sent says new, the one I got was refurbished, not new and did not include any dji warrantee, it had a 2 year limited warrantee through state farm.

I do not think that that is a 'branch' of DJI, rather I suspect it is an online seller with or without high street shops.

State Farm sells insurance. A manufacturer warranty comes with the item and provided by the manufacturer.
How did you actually register and activate it with DJI? If this were an official refurbished model DJI would have given you the opportunity to purchase Care Refresh, essentially an accidental damage/loss policy. Care Refresh is not a manufacturer warranty.

It said dji official seller though. So there is fake shops that convincing and official looking? That's freaky, lol. Well, I love the mavic 3 though, specially the zoom, just not a fan of the stupid new remote I'd rule, I like my privacy far more than security

It may be an official "DJI authorised seller" but that does not necessarily mean it is a DJI store. BestBuy and or some 'camera' shops may be officially recognised sellers of DJI goods but even if they are it's not the same as buying from DJI.
As such it is not fake shop, sorry.

The last tablet I had titled not work because it did not have GPS capability of any kind and the app will not work without allowing GPS which wasn't possible.
This is just not true.
There is no need for GPS in your phone or tablet.
The GPS receiver in the drone is the only one that really matters.

Well next time I fly, I'll record a Screensaver video of what it tells me, because it literally doesn't get past the main screen without allowing GPS. It say everything Flyapp requires location service to be on for the app to function properly. I'll screen 4ecord when I fly again. But it'll have to be tomorrow the mosquitoes have declared martial law outside, lol

Well next time I fly, I'll record a Screensaver video of what it tells me, because it literally doesn't get past the main screen without allowing GPS. It say everything Flyapp requires location service to be on for the app to function properly. I'll screen 4ecord when I fly again. But it'll have to be tomorrow the mosquitoes have declared martial law outside, lol
I just turned off GPS on my tablet
i-qTkXwmW-S.jpg

Confirmed that there is no GPS data from the tablet
i-gNshjLM-S.jpg

And attempted to launch .... no worries.
i-HpHBjbX-S.jpg

Not having GPS in your phone or tablet shouldn't be a problem, because there's no need for the drone to know the location of the phone/tablet.

Well I was just telling you what it was doing with mine. I just tried to fly it inside till I almost crashed it trying to avoid the 7 cats who wanted to kill it, lol and again it did require GPS, so I enabled it, then once is the app, I minimized the app then disabled GPS then went back to the app and again, it was back at the main screen and when I tapped go fly, it popped up with the message location access required for app to function properly, and said settings below that that led me back to location switch. I don't know why it's doing it but, I'll upload a video tomorrow when I fly outside. I was gonna try tonight but my father's cats won't let me.

Ahh I wonder if you might be encountering a different problem and perhaps misunderstanding the message?
The drone probably has two position holding systems available to it, one is GPS, the other is VPS which uses visible light entering 2 cameras on the bottom of the drone.
If the lighting is too low VPS can not work. If there is no or insufficient GPS AND no VPS then the drone enters ATTI mode where there is no position holding and no braking.

Indoors (with no GPS) EVERY first flight of in a 'new' switch on of the drone (Mavic Mini, Mini 2 or M2P/Z) gives me a warning referring to, I think, insufficient lighting and that there is a risk of the drone entering ATTI mode.
It is so frequent indoors that I no longer read the message or remember its wording and just tap the authorisation button.........BUT as soon as the drone lifts off it and light can get underneath the drone to illuminate the 'ground' the drone 'realises' that there is, in fact, sufficient lighting for the VPS to work and position holding and braking behave perfectly.

How well light is the area where you fly indoors?

Just as further evidence that my drones, at least, do not need the phone's GPS , once that message and the authorisation have been given the phone can be disconnected, landed and then launched again in another flight. However if I land the drone, switch it off and then switch it on again I have to connect the phone and give another authorisation after which the phone can be disconnected etc. etc. etc..

Last edited:
We have a super bright led lighting system indoors, so bright my father keeps it on 60% but when he leaves I put it on 100% so there is a ton of light and I always get perfect GPS indoors and I live in a trailor. When I flew last night I door's before the cats started ganging up on it, I had 18b sats.

THINGS IVE TRIED

Hey, use an older version . It works great. Just look on Google for an older version.

Reactions: Seventh Fairy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman