DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help in choosing

Jay w

Reactions
Am building a pond with a tractor and dirt scraper. I need a drone that I can position at a certain point and then it stay I this position in the follow me mode. Any recommendations.

Three lower cost ones are Mini 2, Mini 3 Pro, Air 2S. They will do if that's the only thing you need it for. Litchi and Maven are both good apps and cheap to get if you want more options, but not needed if the above is all you want to do.

If you got more money and might want to do other things in the future, the sky is the limit.

Do the cameras on those move horizontal as well as verticle
The A2S can move horizontal and vertical for certain, I think the other 2 can as well, but don't quote me on that.

But horizontal movement doesn't matter much, because they will just yaw the entire drone to keep the POI in view. I think the default action of the A2S is to keep the camera straight ahead, and just use the horizontal movement to keep the picture steady.

In my experience with the A2S, it will keep up with you pretty good, I've seen mine fly almost sideways while pointing the camera at me when I go around structures or trees. If money isn't a huge issue, I'd start with the A2S or better, depending on your budget.

Am building a pond with a tractor and dirt scraper. I need a drone that I can position at a certain point and then it stay I this position in the follow me mode. Any recommendations.
Take a look on YouTube at some DJI drone videos. There are several excellent drones that will suit your purpose; price driven, for added features. If you want more varied footage, I would recommend that you get somebody to fly and film for you. The video will be more interesting to watch. Another suggestion is to post a request here to see if a local drone enthusiast might like to come and practice filming and flying while you concentrate on your digger! If you like what you see, make your choices on buying a drone from there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trubbaman