DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help picking iPad

Hmm I was just looking at it on my Samsung and in the menu it says theres a specific hotspot data plan. Will have to look into that....

Will the ipad mini 3 work? I always see mention of the 2 and the 4 but never the 3....whats the deal?

Will the ipad mini 3 work? I always see mention of the 2 and the 4 but never the 3....whats the deal?
iPad Mini 2 and 3 have identical internal specs but the 3 has a few "cosmetic" upgrades. I'm considering the Mini 4 because of the faster processor and anti-glare coating for the screen.
There is quite a consensus that the Mini 4 is the best bang for your buck. You can buy Wifi only and cache maps when connected to internet and they'll be available offline

iPad Mini 2 and 3 have identical internal specs but the 3 has a few "cosmetic" upgrades. I'm considering the Mini 4 because of the faster processor and anti-glare coating for the screen.
There is quite a consensus that the Mini 4 is the best bang for your buck. You can buy Wifi only and cache maps when connected to internet and they'll be available offline

How do you go about caching maps offline?

How do you go about caching maps offline?

I have never done it myself (I'm on my 3rd flight with my Mavic and use an iPhone for the moment).
There are a couple of threads in this forum discussing phone/tablet models/setting/supports and I read a few posts of ppl doing this with a Wifi-only Ipad. I think it's an option in the DJI app but wouldn't want to mislead you.
If nobody replies with an answer I'll do my best to track down that thread once I'm done with work.

Thanks this clears up a lot!

Whats the reasoning behind switching to "Airplane mode" on the ipad? I have a wifi only mini4 on the way...

I think it's a general recommendation in case you have an iPhone or a 3G/4G iPad so that you dont receive calls, texts and other pop up notification while you are flying. In the link I sent if I recall correctly it states that you should activate flight mode but then turn wifi back on (for the Phantom) so it shouldnt interfere in any way with your drone

Reactions: newnan3
I just picked up a Mavic Pro and it will not let me download the app for my iPad mini (version one). Anyone else have this issue?

I just picked up a Mavic Pro and it will not let me download the app for my iPad mini (version one). Anyone else have this issue?

I dont believe the 1st gen Ipad mini is compatible with the GO App. I have one that I was gonna use until I found this out. Was a good excuse to get a refurb mini4 from walmart for $250 tho...

I dont believe the 1st gen Ipad mini is compatible with the GO App. I have one that I was gonna use until I found this out. Was a good excuse to get a refurb mini4 from walmart for $250 tho...

Thank you. Might be a good idea to upgrade then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming