DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Immediate Help....

aringhof

Reactions
on family vacation in Iceland. Launched the drone and could not get the camera to stay live. Switched camera mode several times and it still wouldn't stay live. GPS map seemed fine but camera wouldn't stream to cell phone. Camera worked before launch and went away after launch. need advice before vacation is ruined [emoji3][emoji51]

I had the same problem with my mavic I am on holiday at the moment and I still can't find a solution luckily I have my iPad with me.

on family vacation in Iceland. Launched the drone and could not get the camera to stay live. Switched camera mode several times and it still wouldn't stay live. GPS map seemed fine but camera wouldn't stream to cell phone. Camera worked before launch and went away after launch. need advice before vacation is ruined [emoji3][emoji51]

Have you recorded there before during vacation or is this first attempt recording there since you arrived.

I'm just curious if something happened during transport. Or if it is something that happened from one day of recording to the next.

Are you connected to wifi ?

not sure about wifi. drone had live video for a few seconds but then would lose it. no interference, it was ten feet above my head with no video or camera feed. could i have disabled wifi on the settings in the DJI app?

Also check your camera settings.

I had my camera on manual settings other day and had a black screen. Come to find out the settings were incorrect from day before. I clicked AUTO and I could see camera. I then noticed my manual settings from prior day were way off. Just a thought.

Sound so like something quite some people had already. Try using your phone in the "flight mode" so it doesn't send anything that can interfere with your RC. Also if you're using an iPhone, try using a regular Apple cable (USB to lightning) also. This all helped with me. Good luck.

Sound so like something quite some people had already. Try using your phone in the "flight mode" so it doesn't send anything that can interfere with your RC. Also if you're using an iPhone, try using a regular Apple cable (USB to lightning) also. This all helped with me. Good luck.

That's a good point it could be cable related. When you open arms in RC to put iphone in it may have pinched or damaged cable.

Definitely check cable with a new cable.... That could be the issue. I didn't even think of that.

Mike.

Reactions: normr
I had the same problem out of the blue and this has bee the solution since. Mostly the flight mode that helped me though I think.

Let me know if it worked.

Reactions: Spanishcop
P.S. After traveling long distances especially this close to the North Pole it may be wise to calibrate your compass and IMU also for your stay on the island.

Reactions: Powderdog
Also check your camera settings.

I had my camera on manual settings other day and had a black screen. Come to find out the settings were incorrect from day before. I clicked AUTO and I could see camera. I then noticed my manual settings from prior day were way off. Just a thought.

I run android and my camera settings were good. A friend runs his on IOS and on the first flight his was defaulted to a black screen. It took me a few minutes to figure out why he couldn't get video....the exposure was set to the max negative value. I reset to zero and all was right with the world.

i get an error that says wifi network not available? what causes that? i don't need to be on an actual wifi network.
WiFi selection is by the switch on the aircraft, next to where you insert your SD card.
If you are getting WiFi warnings, but do not want WiFi, I'm going to suggest you check the switch is set to RC, and hasn't inadvertently been knocked out of position.

Regards.

Are you flying in extreme cold? Operating spec for the Mavic is down to 0C. It all personal and work testing i have done with drones, the video transmission link always gives up before flight control.

UPDATE: The problem was my phone had its Wi-Fi on seeking for Wi-Fi to join. I turned it off and Problem solved! What's weird is it never interfered when I fly at home in the U.S., but it interfered with my camera feed in multiple locations in Iceland today. I took these photos today... so glad it was a simple solution. Thanks for all the feedback

IMG_1684.JPGIMG_1709.JPGIMG_1713.JPGIMG_1695.JPG

3be41b72b0bfa1b775eca4c520b85bc6.jpg

I had the same problem out of the blue and this has bee the solution since. Mostly the flight mode that helped me though I think.

Let me know if it worked.

This was the correct solution. Thank you for stating the obvious.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique