DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI drone coming...

The only player I'd imagine to be capable of competing technologically and who have some level in interest in drones is Intel. Unfortunately they don't seem interested in targeting the consumer market with them.

Reactions: Achilles
The only player I'd imagine to be capable of competing technologically and who have some level in interest in drones is Intel. Unfortunately they don't seem interested in the consumer market with them.
Agreed but Intel has back off consumer products - they are very OEM centered.

Bro, Google is building and actively testing self driving cars, which have a much higher risk of causing civilian damage, not to mention the laws changing around that industry. The actual risk of a drone falling out of the sky and hurting someone is still very small, hence the lack of incidents. In fact, Amazon is pushing hard on getting as many drones in the sky as possible.

Companies have been working on self driving cars for almost 100 Years! Yes you read right, 100 Years. The first time was in the 1920s. When I was a kid in the 1980s they showed off numerous self driving cars doing just about the same stuff you see today. We where told back then that in 5 years all cars would be self driving and that by 2000 we would move from self driving cars to everyone having flying cars. And this was not low grade looking pie in the sky crap either, Myself and others young dreamers back in the 1990's were seeing this. Yes 25 years ago! The Muller.

2014-04-04-MollerSkyCar7DSCN0023.jpg

When you look at what UPS and Fedex are testing with drones, does it really seem practical to you? These companies deliver millions of packages per day. Think about that!

The point of all of this and it has been the point of this exercise for decades is patents and having a sufficient patent portfolio that your prepared to compete in a market area if it should become lucrative to do so in the future.
So don't expect because Amazon is testing drones that packages are going to be drone delivered to your house at any point in the near future and don't hold your breath waiting on self driving cars to become the norm. Tesla almost lost the whole thing due to one crash. As it stands now it's a bit of a novelty item as Tesla warns you not to take your hands off the wheel.

Rob

Reactions: GlenT
Foot on the gas for DJI. Why is no one else trying to gain consumer market share......please, do not mention GoPro and the Karma Turd.

Seriously! DJI has their foot on the throat of all their competitors....I mean who is even a close second??

(Darn iPhone/Siri) mat
Matté, you phone cannot let you express to your satisfaction yet leaves android in the dust when it comes to GO4 and the Mavic, how is that fair?
Regards,
-d.

Companies have been working on self driving cars for almost 100 Years! Yes you read right, 100 Years. The first time was in the 1920s. When I was a kid in the 1980s they showed off numerous self driving cars doing just about the same stuff you see today. We where told back then that in 5 years all cars would be self driving and that by 2000 we would move from self driving cars to everyone having flying cars. And this was not low grade looking pie in the sky crap either, Myself and others young dreamers back in the 1990's were seeing this. Yes 25 years ago! The Muller.

2014-04-04-MollerSkyCar7DSCN0023.jpg

When you look at what UPS and Fedex are testing with drones, does it really seem practical to you? These companies deliver millions of packages per day. Think about that!

The point of all of this and it has been the point of this exercise for decades is patents and having a sufficient patent portfolio that your prepared to compete in a market area if it should become lucrative to do so in the future.
So don't expect because Amazon is testing drones that packages are going to be drone delivered to your house at any point in the near future and don't hold your breath waiting on self driving cars to become the norm. Tesla almost lost the whole thing due to one crash. As it stands now it's a bit of a novelty item as Tesla warns you not to take your hands off the wheel.

Rob
In the '70s we had the vector vortex, looks a lot like that foto crossed with a rocket car.
Regards,
-d.

Could you imagine if Samsung started making them? Incinderary smart bombs flying everywhere; it would be like the fourth of July in Nevada.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: dlopezjurado

"If this is DJI's new drone".... Then that looks like the Yuneec Breeze, and they are TOY drones!!!
So maybe DJI is getting into the TOY drone market
Looks like the DJI mini toy drone has a camera without a gimbal... Like the breeze.

This is a big MEH !!!! what a DUD!

Reactions: jointeffort
"If this is DJI's new drone".... Then that looks like the Yuneec Breeze, and they are TOY drones!!!
So maybe DJI is getting into the TOY drone market
Looks like the DJI mini toy drone has a camera without a gimbal... Like the breeze.

This is a big MEH !!!! what a DUD!

Hmmm, I don't think we can say that yet without any details. It appears to have at least a 2 axis gimbal. We shall see!

It looks like a product that could capture the market segment of consumers willing to only drop a couple to a few hundred bucks on a drone.

Maybe since DJI seems reluctant to release some freaking Goggles, they can do something that will make the Mavic work with some of the goggles out there??!!!!!!

Yeah, I know there are some pretty lousy options. I've used the VR goggles (Lousy picture) and used a Mirascreen Dongle to use some Eachine goggles (Too many cords running everywhere) Help us out here DJI!!!!

Lots of companies are trying. They are just too far behind DJI to catch up at this point. Competition is a great thing, so let's hope they make some headway soon :)
Won't be many new competitive companies opening anytime soon until the governments ease off on their super restricitive laws, like in Canada.

Please be under 250 grams so we avoid all the bs new laws in Canada. I dont need to go 25 minutes, 5 km away with sensors on everything. I would LOVE 4K video, micro gimbal, even non collapsible if its small, but get under that 250 gram limit. OK, whining over.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15