DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Mini 2 Owner

Welcome to the forum! :)

Just starting out with the Mini 2. Came to realize on my first successful flight that the Mini 2 does not have a headless mode. I doubt that I will ever let it get out of sight. I assume I can steer by Map location or by using the Camera to orient. Does the Mavic series have any drones that do have a headless mode? Is there any indicator on the DJI Fly App that informs me of the direction that the drone is facing with regards to me? Not sure if that was clear. Thanks and I look forward to learning so much here.
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mini 2:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mini 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Thanks for all the great welcomes! I’m sorting through lots of info; a little overwhelming. One step at a time. I think finding the answers to questions for me is slightly harder because there is so much help! Here’s a question: When the drone is 100-200 meters away it is difficult for me to tell its orientation. I know I can use the map feature with the blue triangle to tell it’s relative orientation to me. I can also use the stick to just fly forward and get the info from that, as long as I can see it. Here’s my question: If I take off with the drone facing, let’s say, true north, and I never touch the left stick to rotate it, will the drone stay in that orientation throughout the flight, even if wind rotates the drone? That is, will the drone know and auto-rotate back to its original heading to true north during the flight? Thanks so much for your time, I know it is valuable!
Greg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT