DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone.... updated firmware... remote unresponsive

I decided to just purchase a new controller. The one I have won't connect to assistant and it won't connect to the AC. I can fly fine with wifi on my phone. So I don't think it is the AC. Hope the new RC will work! If not then I'm stuck shipping it all in to DJI for a month turnaround. Ugh!!

If it works please! Write here! I'm at the same situation!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm pretty certain the issue will be in the firmware in the RC - likewise I was able to fly my MP via wifi on my phone with no issues.

Some people believe it's due to swapping over to a different/new battery which is still on the old firmware, which causes the confusion ......my 'Connecting' issues did in fact start once a put a new battery in my MP.

You flew using WIFI. While trying the update was the Mavic switched to wifi? Was you phone's wifi on? Both should be off.

I spoke with a DJI rep earlier on the phone. I explained my problem with the RC. He specifically stated that the remote does not have a "reset" and advised that I just needed to send my RC in for repair. I told him that I have read that many people sent their Mavic in and have not heard anything after 3 weeks or more. He stated that the delay is due to the devices that are damaged and that there is an issue with what is covered and what is not. He stated that my problem was 100% covered for testing and replacement. He advised a 5-7 day turnaround excluding shipping. He stated that the shipping service was the longest part. I am not sure he actually works at the repair center.

I advised him that I will have a new controller on Friday and he was like oookkk? HaHa screw waiting on DJI! (Even though it cost me money....ugh) I'm crossing my fingers that the new controller will work! I have accesories coming in daily for my Mavic! It would suck if I have to send it away for 3+ weeks!

Reactions: cattel
You flew using WIFI. While trying the update was the Mavic switched to wifi? Was you phone's wifi on? Both should be off.

I can only fly de AC with wifi... Can`t connect to RC when AC is switched to RC... the RC is stuck at connecting

I received the new RC courtesy of @Thunder-drones!! And viola!!! The RC linked up perfectly to my Mavic!!! I'm beyond excited!! Now I just have to update the RC to .0500 and I'll be all set. Once it's charged I'm using the assistant to update! So moral of story..............update the aircraft and the RC separate!!

For those who sent theirs to DJI, the only thing they need to do is send you a new RC! Or take the hit like I did and buy one! I guess now I will send in the bad remote and wait for a replacement and try out the dual remote setup. Hmmmmm........

Hi all,
I just unboxed my Mavic Pro. I followed the start up instructions to the letter. Everything looked good to go when a firmware icon on my phone indicated that my equipment needed an update.

I followed the onscreen instructions and the update failed. Sadly the remote has gone completely unresponsive. It powers up and says "connecting" and does nothing else.

I have been able to update the drone via the DJI Assistant 2, but the remote will not connect to a phone or the DJI assistant. I have tried the holding of the C1,C2, Record buttons and then the shutter button process... the remote will not even respond to that.

DJI online support says down until further notice.

Would love any advice you may have.... itching to try this thing so far no joy.

Anyone have any ideas?
This might be pointless to suggest this however when I received mine I went through the set up like you and when I went to power the transmitter on it flashed connecting then went dead/black. After messing with it for a few minutes I realized you have to hold the power button down for about 5 or 6 seconds while the transmitter powers up. Same concept as the drone batteries and having to hold the power button down on them for a couple seconds. Hopefully this helps you out and it's something as simple as this for you so you can start flying sooner. Take care

Reactions: Rnl

Hello out there,
Almost brand-new to flying drones. About two months ago wife bought me a Parrot Bebop 3.0. Crashed it in the snow, then stepped on it while looking for it. "Parts only" I bought another one, but this time with a sky controller. Needless to say I was pretty much hooked after flying and being able to really control it. Well, that brings me up to ordering the DJI Mavic Pro with the extra batteries and crappy case. Sorry, I guess there is some out there that do like the case / bag.
Received the DJI Mavic Pro day before yesterday, Thursday afternoon 02/02/17 here in Palmer, Alaska. Spent hours trying to get the latest update installed. Finally gave up last night in the early morning hours. Of course, every time it failed to install around 68%. There was a request to send off the information of the failure, I was thinking DJI might just send me an email explaining what I should do. That never happened. After prying my eyes open around the crack of noon yesterday now Friday 03/04 , I started at it again. several hours trying everything I could learn from the DJI tectorials. including downloading the DJI assistant 2 on my impressive desk top Mac system. Nothing but failures. Tried YouTube, more failures. Joined this forum and learned about some other folks that are having troubles getting the update to install.
Well I resolved my/the problem by simply utilizing the DJI assistant 2 with Windows 10 on a older laptop,although it originally failed to update until I uploaded the previous update before the actual current one. In other words, my system arrived Thursday with the 300 series, at least I think that was the last three digits of the update. I had been trying all these many times to directly download and install the last three digit 500 series. Never worked. Simply out of desperation, with the DJI assistant 2 on the laptop again with Windows 10 I finally had a positive experience. My uploading and updating the 400 series update. Just pushed the back button after it was 100% complete, and easily installed the 500 current and latest update. Finally, I'm done with this! I did learn a great deal. As I'm really not a tech guy.
Not sure this will help anyone, but maybe.... As soon as the wind lays a bit. I look forward to flying this fantastic looking machine.
Thanks, Bagotfish

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs