DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

Sorry.....not talking about hacking firmware. Just about setting a parameter which DJI let us adjust using their legal Assistant software. A bit like making a change in the registry in Windows to change some basic behaviour!

You're not talking about this setting then?...
Altitude Limit.png

Yesterday, just flight my Mavic pro with firmware 1.03.1000. So far so good. I don´t see any different on picture or image quality.. But this update make my phone DJI Go 4.1.5 (android ver.) very difficult to connect. I reboot my phone few time and spend half an hour to make it connect to RC. Don´t know is DJI Go app problem or new firmware problem. RC connect to Mavic no problem, don´t know what wrong with my DJI Go 4.1.5 (android) app !

If you're shooting a high rise, tower, etc you might need to fly well over 400ft. And legally you can fly 400ft above that structure, so 500m is definitely a possibility

Thanks for the info. I've been interested in flying off the roof of the 16 floor Condo I live in. It would give me lots of unobstructed views.

Thinking about it......

I just finished upgrading my Mavic Pro - took awhile, since I had to update all 3 batteries and the controller to firmware v01.03.1000, as well as updating the DJI Go 4 Android application to v4.1.5 (and updating the latest NFZ database!) on both a Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Tab S. After upgrading, I successfully recalibrated the Forward and Downward sensors, and the gimbal. I then flew one battery with the S5 without issues, except I keep getting pics (and videos now) automatically recording in my phone gallery for the DJI advertisements!! Anyone know how to suppress those annoying pics and videos when I start up Go4?

I updated to .1000 the Mavic, RC and goggles.

Bird went just fine.
Goggles, locked up once and rebooted it self once.

I was flying in the back yard at 1 meter night in FPV with the DJI goggles at .1000 and I lost all visual controll until the goggles rebooted and linked back and FPV was regained.

Not sure this .1000 is goggles clean????

I will keep testing the combination and report back here.

Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: Star Lord
It just got out this morning, it seems, has anyone installed it?
Here are the release notes:

Overview
  • All-in-One firmware version updated to v01.03.1000
  • DJI GO app iOS version updated to v4.1.7
  • DJI GO app Android version updated to v4.1.5

What’s New?
  • Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the camera would restart automatically during recording.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking.
  • Limited the max descend speed to 2 m/s and max ascend speed to 3 m/s in Propeller Cage mode.
  • Improved image quality.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:
  • Added Head Tracking for Spark (with firmware v01.00.0600 or later), the Inspire 2 (with firmware v01.01.0200 or later) and the Phantom 4 (with aircraft firmware v2.0.0.16 or later and remote controller firmware 1.9.3).
  • Added remote controller signal strength icon.
  • Optimized audio quality.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)
Hi I installed the upgrade and updated my batteries as well. At the outset the update kept stopping but I suspect it was the internet and nothing else. After updating I did the restart and flew my Mavic for 30 minutes and everything worked well.

Thanks for the info. I've been interested in flying off the roof of the 16 floor Condo I live in. It would give me lots of unobstructed views.

Thinking about it......
be aware of wifi interference though.

Reactions: MrsTreat
While I'm still on .400 with failure-free flight history, I'm following closely all "new firmware" threads to see whether there will be a version that makes me convinced to say "bye" to .400.
One thing strikes me: Lots of us are doing the same, reading "all ok", "bad as always", "before was better" posts. But is it really enough data in here to make decision base on this?
Let's see: We have at least following variables, usually not mentioned in posts about how new firmware makes MP fly:
- Manufacturing date of MP
- model of phone / tablet used
- type of control device's OS (iOS/Android)
- version of above system
- info about third party soft being installed (eg. Litchi) or not
- version of DJI GO app used
...and probably some more.
In my opinion without those elements we are not even close to understanding why some of us who always jump into new FW never had any issues, and for some others, most of FW are just one big pain.
Do you think there is any chance to start including more data about our setups in firmware related threads? Maybe after some time it will become clear that there is one "sweet spot" of firmware + hardware combination that makes our life with Mavics happy and safe?

Hi, can you use sport mode with last FW?

I've just updated to v01.03.1000. The download was fast but it then just hung at 100% (I seem to remember this issue cropping up on previous updates). I waited 20 minutes, then disconnected my iPad and reconnected which allowed the update to progress in normal manner. Update took about 20 minutes. Everything looking good and flying as normal.

However what the hell is going on with the auto exposure settings. Before the update auto exposure was more or less spot on... now it's overexposing by 1 to 2 stops. Skies are blown out. Checked over all my settings and I cannot fathom it out.

It's not the end of the world, I normally film in manual but leave it on auto exposure for convenience flying from A to B. Anybody else out there having similar issues?

The 500m altitude thing. I thought it was agreed to remain under 400 feet, which is 120m roughly. 500m is 1500 feet, and is way outta sight. Plus, what can you see at that altitude. Nothing. Why break the law and waste your batteries.

I don't get it.
I live on the side of a mountain range. When I fly up the mountain, I could go up 3000 ft while still maintaining 400 ft AGL (no law broken). If I fly down the mountain, then I'm just looking at houses. Up is way better.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13