DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware benefit

Wish I could help more but not my field really! Am sure others can offer advice. Is the GoPro not fixed focus though which makes it a little easier anyway. With Manual focus and fireworks, I would have though just focus to infinity and make sure you do not get overly close. Saying that, I did not know it was fireworks so the added light might actually make it a lot easier to focus on. Looking forward to see lots of footage though! :)
What I do know on the GoPro is that I just place the camera where I want it and remote turn it on at show time. Footage is great unless I aim wrong. Lol. So I would say its a infinity foucs (guessing again). I am a backyard pryo and did my first Pryo Musical this year. It was in honor of my dad who passed away last year. Can pm you the link if you would like to see what the GoPro's do.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Perhaps another benefit, noticed that today the first time, after I upgraded to the new firmware yesterday. The issue concerns the batteries. With the multi charger from the fly more combo, the charger charges now 2 batteries at once. Before update the charger charged batteries one after another. Don't stopped the time for charging. Maybe charging of two batteries at once needs double time!?

What I do know on the GoPro is that I just place the camera where I want it and remote turn it on at show time. Footage is great unless I aim wrong. Lol. So I would say its a infinity foucs (guessing again). I am a backyard pryo and did my first Pryo Musical this year. It was in honor of my dad who passed away last year. Can pm you the link if you would like to see what the GoPro's do.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above
Yeah that would be great, send it over or just post it on here, am sure others would like to see.

Perhaps another benefit, noticed that today the first time, after I upgraded to the new firmware yesterday. The issue concerns the batteries. With the multi charger from the fly more combo, the charger charges now 2 batteries at once. Before update the charger charged batteries one after another. Don't stopped the time for charging. Maybe charging of two batteries at once needs double time!?

Are you sure? I have a feeling that the second battery was either updating its firmware from the first battery or the charger was updating its firmware from the batteries hence the lights being on both batteries. I saw exactly the same thing a few f/w updates back then the battery f/w was also updated but it never happened again hence my assumptions on what was actually happening :)

Are you sure? I have a feeling that the second battery was either updating its firmware from the first battery or the charger was updating its firmware from the batteries hence the lights being on both batteries. I saw exactly the same thing a few f/w updates back then the battery f/w was also updated but it never happened again hence my assumptions on what was actually happening :)
All 3 batteries had firmware updates before, so that can not be the reason for 2 charging batteries. Even both batteries where full after this simultanious charging process.

Well that is good news then, well if they actually charge a little quicker that is.

Nope. It's not happening. At least not for me. Once any additional batteries are added after the first battery the hub does seem to analyze them and then begins to charge the least drained battery. At that point the other batteries turn off and wait their turn in the que.

Yeah I have a feeling the second battery might have been updating the hub itself hence the lights. Although I am not positive it can be updated that way of course, just speculating. Will update mine next week so will see what happens.

Well I guess this answers my question. I was on the fence whether to do the fw update, currently ac and rd are at 1.02.09. Each time I fire up the ac and the rc I get prompted to update the fw. I was not sure if this is a good thing but I think it is.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman