DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

I'm trying to update my Mavic to .0600...I have a MacBook Pro 2017 and assistant 2 only finds the remote when I plug it, but never finds the mavic. Tried multiple times and nothing. Even when trying to upload only the remote it gets stuck and nothing happens. Now I'm trying to update it using GO4 (I just updated it to the new version) but the download stops all the time, when I click the button to continue downloading it works but the fact is I am still downloading the update and my mavic's battery power is getting low and the firmware download is still at 22%. My internet is fibber 100mbits (Im using wifi, I have an iPhone 7 plus).
Getting kinda tired now, since my drone is new (I got the Magic pro combo) and with 4 days I had to return it to be fixed due to disconnecting issues. It come back 2 days ago and I updated the firmware to make few tests, today I had to update it again but not being able as explained. The Magic for me starts being a big pain in the **** unfortunately...
Any help would be highly appreciated!

Hi, I'm a newbie here but I have done the initial update then this newest one with my new Mavic without any problems. I have done them through the iphone6 connected to the controller. Unsure why you need to go through the Assistant and a computer to update.
Open to be informed of the benefits if any.
Iphone on in DJI GO 4, controller on and Mavic on. Updates all units together.
Also they recommend that all batteries are charged to complete the update.
Not sure if this helps.
Cheers.

Reactions: D700
I'm trying to update my Mavic to .0600...I have a MacBook Pro 2017 and assistant 2 only finds the remote when I plug it, but never finds the mavic. Tried multiple times and nothing. Even when trying to upload only the remote it gets stuck and nothing happens. Now I'm trying to update it using GO4 (I just updated it to the new version) but the download stops all the time, when I click the button to continue downloading it works but the fact is I am still downloading the update and my mavic's battery power is getting low and the firmware download is still at 22%. My internet is fibber 100mbits (Im using wifi, I have an iPhone 7 plus).
Getting kinda tired now, since my drone is new (I got the Magic pro combo) and with 4 days I had to return it to be fixed due to disconnecting issues. It come back 2 days ago and I updated the firmware to make few tests, today I had to update it again but not being able as explained. The Magic for me starts being a big pain in the **** unfortunately...
Any help would be highly appreciated!

Use the lightning cable you charge your phone with. Plug it into the USB port at the bottom of the remote. Update from the phone.

I've just revisited the manual and it says that the update will not start if the batt levels are lower than 50% will continue to update ok if batts fall below this whilst in middle of upgrade.

Hi, I'm a newbie here but I have done the initial update then this newest one with my new Mavic without any problems. I have done them through the iphone6 connected to the controller. Unsure why you need to go through the Assistant and a computer to update.
Open to be informed of the benefits if any.
Iphone on in DJI GO 4, controller on and Mavic on. Updates all units together.
Also they recommend that all batteries are charged to complete the update.
Not sure if this helps.
Cheers.
I guess the biggest advantage is the ability of downgrading. If you don't use assistant 2, you can't downgrade. In my case this are the versions appearing:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 02.01.50.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 02.01.50.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 136
Use the lightning cable you charge your phone with. Plug it into the USB port at the bottom of the remote. Update from the phone.
Thank you. Did so but not finding it any better unfortunately. Meanwhile I noticed something it might be helpful for those experiencing the same issues like me: my problem was downloading the firmware. Was taking ages. Shutting down the Mavic while the remote / iPhone was downloading the firmware's update speeded up things. It downloaded at light speed and then asked me to turn on the Mavic, did so and now I'm waiting for the update to finish (at 64% now)...

Reactions: Danielplante
Can we get some feedback on this NFZ update. Is this something we should stay away from?

I waited a while to update just because I wanted to see what others are experiencing. Some have said that their Mavic gimbal is acting sort of drunk or slow to respond to controller input. Maybe not a lag, but something to look for.
Litchi seems to be back up to speed. But will need some testing of issues that were known since 0500 to be sure.
0600 update on the Mavic was quick. Less than ten minutes.

As detailed as the DJI update list is, I don't think they included everything. Or, just some things changed that they may or may not be aware of. One of these things is the gimble pitch speed. The adjustment slider in the settings is different in .0600 than in .0500. The same setting I had in .0500 is now much more sluggish in .0600. I think this .0600 update requires almost every slider to be readjusted to new levels from previous FW versions. Anybody else experiencing these results?

Here is my setting in .0600
9d20690cb51bb50458720d21e885c218.jpg

Why not switch the geo feature off?

Well now that FIND MY DRONE is on the options would be nice to have GEOS on to get last known location incase it would help recovering a lost drone. May not always be the case but if it can help.... That is something to keep in mind.

Mike

Reactions: Bintryin
So frustrating. Just now got it downgraded to .400 on both controller and quad. I tried for several hours to get .600 to work and it never did in the quad. Worked first time on the controller.

The one thing I noticed is with DJI Assistant 2, it kept downloading .550 everyone I clicked on upgrade to .600

Well now that FIND MY DRONE is on the options would be nice to have GEOS on to get last known location incase it would help recovering a lost drone. May not always be the case but if it can help.... That is something to keep in mind.

Mike
How do you use the "Find My Drone" feature.....I didn't see any mention of it in the latest users manual?

So frustrating. Just now got it downgraded to .400 on both controller and quad. I tried for several hours to get .600 to work and it never did in the quad. Worked first time on the controller.

The one thing I noticed is with DJI Assistant 2, it kept downloading .550 everyone I clicked on upgrade to .600

I think I had the same problem, I tried to update to 600 firstly using my iPhone, that kept failing so I then tried using my Macintosh and likewise no luck so like you I tried to revert back to 550 but Assistant kept up trying to install 600. In desperation I then used my iPad to download a complexly new 600 version using cellular data rather than wifi. Surprise surprise, it worked first time and 600 is working fine for me.

Those having problems with the upgrade check the manufacturing date of your mavic: DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder

We might see a pattern showing us that a certain manufacturing date range causes trouble indicating there might be some hardware revision with problems.

Mine was manufactured on February 28th 2017 and never had any problems. Upgrades go smooth, it flies well.

Adding the manufacturing date to your signature might also be a good idea so others can see when eventual trouble drones were built.

I did the update and everything went smoothly, i still have to go fly it however i wanted to try the new "wing mode" in the simulator however i dont think its working it doesnt do anything when i hit C1 the drone just stops.

Seems the new wind mode, simulates the Mavic with the moves of a normal airplane.
Using the goggles with that new mode must be big fun.

Ok so i tried downgrading to .550 and it hung at 86% both times I tried it. Mavic is also not being detected by assistant now either. Checked the version from the app and it says 550 so I took it out for a quick test and it is the same if not slightly worse, to the point where I was nervous flying it. If i tried to correct a drift the moment i release the sticks it quickly moves back to where it was when i started the correction.

All three batteries are under 50% now so I will try downgrading to .400 in the morning. .500 is not available to me which last stable version I used.

Sounds like your IMU needs calibrating.

Just updated to .600 without any issues. I updated through DJI Assistant on my PC. RC took about 5min to update as expected, Mavic took about 8 minutes to update. There were no prolonged stops on any percentage of installation.

Quick (60% of battery) fly test showed no terrible errors, but I had to re-set all my settings as they were gone. Hover was steady and at height of 30m I had some wind warnings but since it blows at 19km/h it was expected. There were no weird glitches with gimball.
Only new thing I've noticed was blinking of video signal strength, It was full but all the time it kept slowly blinking. If anyone know what that is supposed to mean, please share.

And according to serial decoder my Mavic was build March, 7th 2017

Those having problems with the upgrade check the manufacturing date of your mavic: DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder

We might see a pattern showing us that a certain manufacturing date range causes trouble indicating there might be some hardware revision with problems.

Mine was manufactured on February 28th 2017 and never had any problems. Upgrades go smooth, it flies well.

Adding the manufacturing date to your signature might also be a good idea so others can see when eventual trouble drones were built.
Mine was manufactured on Wednesday, March, 1st 2017

Sounds like your IMU needs calibrating.
Tried re-calibrating the IMU twice last night and then again first thing this morning and no change.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear