DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Shouldn't DJI GO 4 app be updating anytime soon? How else would be even able to select "Fixed Wing" mode in the app?
Yes, there should be a new version, it is not on the website either.

Reactions: ggee
Careful the fence, or trees (or anyplace above ground) is generally not the safest place when new firmware is introduced.

too bad I learned this the hard way. Just crashed into a small tree right after the firm upgrade. My mavic flew sideways during auto take off. Fortunately just damaged two propellers :(

Reactions: LMTLESS and AKent
I wanted to try the Fixed Wing mode, but it looks like that DJI didn't updated the DJI Go 4 App for iOS yet, because you cannot turn on Fixed Wing mode in Go 4 app menu: „In the DJI GO 4 app, tap the icon and enable Fixed-Wing Mode“

Reactions: LMTLESS and Ianpog
I couldn't find that mode ether. Just took it out back after doing imu cal and all the rest and flew just in back feild. Do check all your settings as mine had changed. Will take it out in abit to stretch it out and try everything else.

it's almost certain that a new DJI GO 4 app update is on its way. Sometimes DJI releases it, and Apple delays the process auditing the app for security reasons. They do it with all apps. Google may be doing the same.

Any idea what "Improved playback performance." could mean?
I just tryed it and see nothing different.
As far as rth I have always used it a lot as I do runs up in the country here . Have with all my birds.
Use it or not that's up to you but if you don't use it some just to understand how it works and what you can do while in it if you ever do have to use it you might not be happy.
jIMO everyone should learn to use it. I trust it 100%

It is a big question mark why they released in just a week. Is the .550 failed product.???

My guess would be that .550 was sent to fix a problem, as they've been normally going in .100 steps. Guessing that .600 was in the works and something was found to be wrong with .500 that was bad enough that someone said "we can't wait until .600 is done, we've got to fix this issue asap." Thus the .550 update.
All speculation of course - I have no more behind the scenes info than anyone else here.

Just updated through DJI Assistant for PC. The first time it failed, but successfully finished the second one.
The first think I noticed is that they fixed the start up sound back to its original. (never tried 0550).
Haven't flown yet.

My guess would be that .550 was sent to fix a problem, as they've been normally going in .100 steps. Guessing that .600 was in the works and something was found to be wrong with .500 that was bad enough that someone said "we can't wait until .600 is done, we've got to fix this issue asap." Thus the .550 update.
All speculation of course - I have no more behind the scenes info than anyone else here.
Good thought, but if that was true, they would have removed the option to load 0500 on DJI Assistant, wouldn't they?

Just updated through DJI Assistant for PC. The first time it failed, but successfully finished the second one.
The first think I noticed is that they fixed the start up sound back to its original. (never tried 0550).
Haven't flown yet.

Just happened here as well, similar 1-st failure, similar successful startup sound after second try!

What? Fixed wing???
Better they make a pure atti mode selectable!!!

If you have a flixed wing planker mode then please on the next update give us ATTI mode and Manual mode. If it sounds better for marketing hype you can call Manual mode Heli mode or Rotary Wing mode.

Reactions: Wizan and Vilco

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes