DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Check if your wifi is on the 2.4GHz channel. It can interfere with the RC communicating with the Mavic as it uses the same band. If you can connect to wifi at 5GHz, or download the update over LTE with wifi turned off, I've found that you'll have less of a chance of hanging.
Thank you for this info, I have both Wifi 2.4 and 5Ghz at home, will try both, sorry to be dumb, what is LTE?

Downloaded and installed in about 30 mins. No battery involvement as far as i can tell. Flew most of today. about 30,000 total feet no problems. Flawless on IOS.

Ok, this may be a newb questions. If updating firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 software, do you plug in the RC or the MP into the computer via USB? Thanks for any replies

I believe you want to update remote first then Mavic

Nothing fixes the tilted horizon, it is a physical hardware alignment issue, and only fix it to have it replaced.

This has been with all versions of DJI drones from Phantom 3 upwards. It is mass produced so slight variations exist.

Sorry but you are dead wrong, because I see major improvements in v01.03.06 for tilted horizon! I just completed two flights and saw *much* improved horizon performance. However holding the drone and doing a static roll test really shows the improvement. With motors off and gimbal centered from power-on, you just grab the drone and hold with static roll of about 30 deg. With older firmware the camera would immediately react and correct for a level shot. (this is the fast feedforward from the main Mavic flight controller gyros but with opposite polarity for gimbal) However, after holding the drone in the roll position for many seconds, a tilted horizon would start to emerge on the video feed. (this is the slow feedback from gimbal's own accelerometers sensing gravity) It seemed obvious that the gimbal needed some type of calibration of it's 3-axis accelerometer, as their slow correction from roll position actually made the horizon worse, not better. What we now see in v01.03.06 is the missing ingredient. A slow sweep of the gimbal roll during calibration on a level surface. This is needed for the firmware to learn the roll axis characteristics of the gimbal accelerometer.

A lot of people complain about the DJI firmware updates, and maybe some parts are rushed or rough around the edges. However the machine is very complicated, and I'd say on the whole package of App design, hardware, firmware, aesthetics, technical engineering, and continuing field improvements / updates, DJI kicks ***!

I have always used 3840x2160 video resolution, and the digital zoom function always worked until this update. Odd.
I don't believe this is correct. In video mode, the digital zoom has only ever worked in 1080 and 2.7k. When trying to zoom in 4k it has always given the same error message. I'm currently still on the 550 version and just verified that I am unable to zoom in 4k.

Reactions: 4wd and ZALEXANDERK
I have to say.... First of all I cannot comment on the horizon issue as I'm not that Savy about it.

What I will say and maybe I came a little late into the drone world. I have flown RC Heli's and have seen them evolve over time.

I'm speechless with the technology and implementation of technology that DJI has done to come up with the Phantoms and Mavic. Not only that, but I have used DJI GO4 app since I started flying the MP and I was on Firmware.05. I'm still impressed with what they have done. My first impression was the packaging, then holding mavic for first time and then first flight and to this date ever so happy.

It may not be perfect, but **** they have done great so far in my eyes. I Hear so any people complaining about DJI yet they still keep using their products.

I just recently rolled back to 04 because I wanted to try out Litchi. But if Litchi or Some of the other apps were not around I'd still be happy. I've been able to make some family videos, nature recordings and other recordings using the MP so far with no other app than DJI GO4.

So I'm going to give them lots of credit here and say.... Your doing great, keep up the good work and bring us more functions on the app and more drones. Can't wait to see what's next.

Mike

I don't believe this is correct. In video mode, the digital zoom has only ever worked in 1080 and 2.7k. When trying to zoom in 4k it has always given the same error message. I'm currently still on the 550 version and just verified that I am unable to zoom in 4k.
Confirmed. I had the 500 then now the 550. No digital zoom on 4k. Only 2.7k and under.

DJI clearly states that's digital zoom is not available when shooting in 4K. Think about it. If you're shooting in anything less than 4K there is room to spare to crop or zoom into the digital info of the video if the final delivery is going to be 2k or 1080p. Same holds true for the video post production world. The sensor uses all the available pixels when the image enters the lens. The image is then processed and saved based on the setting set in the app. If you digitally zoomed into a 4K image, you would have less than a 4K image after the zoom.

Reactions: dekip and ArranEye
Curious to see how the "improvement default colors for DNG files" will work out.

Is using the DJI assistant on your laptop/desktop the recommended method? I hate to leave my bird idle with that MP fan running....Ive resorted to putting it front of a small fan to keep it cool.

Setting it inverted is practiced by some. Me, for one.

In the main screen before you fly, there is an option to find my drone. I didn't notice that last time. Have not tested though.

Reactions: temptation
Thank you for this info, I have both Wifi 2.4 and 5Ghz at home, will try both, sorry to be dumb, what is LTE?

Sorry, LTE is one of the variants of 4G mobile data. If your device is either a phone, or you have a SIM card in a tablet with a data plan, you can use that connection in lieu of going wifi to download the update.

Reactions: Evans12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925