DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

I guess I just missed the option, but I didn't see how to avoid it. Is there a way to "X" out the screen or swipe it off the screen?
Just ignore it and hit the go fly tab.

Reactions: D700
Litchi Approved .0600
60632afc9ccbbfaf101afa2ce9030dba.jpg

Reactions: Evans12
Hi mate, tried so many times now, getting a bit peed off, on DJI assistant 2, updated remote no problem, aircraft will not, so I downgraded to V01.03.0400, all ok, upgraded to V01.03.0550, all ok...then upgrade to V01.03.0600, hangs at 57% then fails, upload error 0x020106, Wtf?
Same issue. Working on third attempt.
Same here but the solution for that mate, keep on updating till it succeed :)
Are you serious?

Rats!!! Got it to 78%. With error code undefined 0002. Argh. Getting frustrated. Good thing it's raining and I can't fly anyway

Reactions: Evans12
2-(Bad) I went up for 4 flights this afternoon and twice I had a really strange gimbal problem. I was about 12mins into a straight like flight in tripod mode preforming a hyper-lapse when the gimbal just started twitching and moving at random completely ruining the shot. At first I thought the drone was free falling from the sky.
The gimbal wheel was non responsive until I aborted tripod mode by flicking it into Sport mode and flew her back home safety.
That sketched me out hard. It actually happened again on the next flight!!
Clearly something's is funky with the gimbal on my MP, but I have never had any such behavior happen up until now. I blame the update.

Same thing happened to me twice, running .0500 firmware. Once in Japan on March 16 and then again back home in California on April 1. Both times kind of scary but I flew home and then some more and everything was ok. But this is not a new problem with .0600.

I've read all this and am upgrading today. If you ever have a problem that causes you to need service and you want DJI to pay for it, you will do better if you're on the latest revs of firmware and app. DJI once sent me a brand new P3P after a crash caused by a firmware fault. Postage paid both ways and quite quick. I doubt I would've got that service with old software that they could blame.

Mine updated fine and flew a battery after the update and it flew fine for me but I have only had it 2 weeks so I am a noob

I'm trying to update my Mavic to .0600...I have a MacBook Pro 2017 and assistant 2 only finds the remote when I plug it, but never finds the mavic. Tried multiple times and nothing. Even when trying to upload only the remote it gets stuck and nothing happens. Now I'm trying to update it using GO4 (I just updated it to the new version) but the download stops all the time, when I click the button to continue downloading it works but the fact is I am still downloading the update and my mavic's battery power is getting low and the firmware download is still at 22%. My internet is fibber 100mbits (Im using wifi, I have an iPhone 7 plus).
Getting kinda tired now, since my drone is new (I got the Magic pro combo) and with 4 days I had to return it to be fixed due to disconnecting issues. It come back 2 days ago and I updated the firmware to make few tests, today I had to update it again but not being able as explained. The Magic for me starts being a big pain in the **** unfortunately...
Any help would be highly appreciated!

If you ever have a problem that causes you to need service and you want DJI to pay for it, you will do better if you're on the latest revs of firmware and app. DJI once sent me a brand new P3P after a crash caused by a firmware fault. Postage paid both ways and quite quick. I doubt I would've got that service with old software that they could blame.

Updates are not mandatory for warranty service. DJI cannot deny you service based on the firmware version and neither can they charge you for repairs on a defective unit because the firmware is not current. There are many people on this forum running .0200 firmware and they are having no issues.
I am running .0400 and have Zero issues and No NFZ messages.

Rob

Updates are not mandatory for warranty service. DJI cannot deny you service based on the firmware version and neither can they charge you for repairs on a defective unit because the firmware is not current. There are many people on this forum running .0200 firmware and they are having no issues.
I am running .0400 and have Zero issues and No NFZ messages.

Rob
He speaks the truth.

Reactions: Drone Master
I'm trying to update my Mavic to .0600...I have a MacBook Pro 2017 and assistant 2 only finds the remote when I plug it, but never finds the mavic. Tried multiple times and nothing. Even when trying to upload only the remote it gets stuck and nothing happens. Now I'm trying to update it using GO4 (I just updated it to the new version) but the download stops all the time, when I click the button to continue downloading it works but the fact is I am still downloading the update and my mavic's battery power is getting low and the firmware download is still at 22%. My internet is fibber 100mbits (Im using wifi, I have an iPhone 7 plus).
Getting kinda tired now, since my drone is new (I got the Magic pro combo) and with 4 days I had to return it to be fixed due to disconnecting issues. It come back 2 days ago and I updated the firmware to make few tests, today I had to update it again but not being able as explained. The Magic for me starts being a big pain in the **** unfortunately...

Hi, I'm a newbie here but I have done the initial update then this newest one with my new Mavic without any problems. I have done them through the iphone6 connected to the controller. Unsure why you need to go through the Assistant and a computer to update.
Open to be informed of the benefits if any.
Iphone on in DJI GO 4, controller on and Mavic on. Updates all units together.
Also they recommend that all batteries are charged to complete the update.
Not sure if this helps.
Cheers.

Use the lightning cable you charge your phone with. Plug it into the USB port at the bottom of the remote. Update from the phone.

I've just revisited the manual and it says that the update will not start if the batt levels are lower than 50% will continue to update ok if batts fall below this whilst in middle of upgrade.

Hi, I'm a newbie here but I have done the initial update then this newest one with my new Mavic without any problems. I have done them through the iphone6 connected to the controller. Unsure why you need to go through the Assistant and a computer to update.
Open to be informed of the benefits if any.
Iphone on in DJI GO 4, controller on and Mavic on. Updates all units together.
Also they recommend that all batteries are charged to complete the update.
Not sure if this helps.
Cheers.
I guess the biggest advantage is the ability of downgrading. If you don't use assistant 2, you can't downgrade. In my case this are the versions appearing:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 02.01.50.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 02.01.50.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 136
Use the lightning cable you charge your phone with. Plug it into the USB port at the bottom of the remote. Update from the phone.
Thank you. Did so but not finding it any better unfortunately. Meanwhile I noticed something it might be helpful for those experiencing the same issues like me: my problem was downloading the firmware. Was taking ages. Shutting down the Mavic while the remote / iPhone was downloading the firmware's update speeded up things. It downloaded at light speed and then asked me to turn on the Mavic, did so and now I'm waiting for the update to finish (at 64% now)...

Reactions: Danielplante
Can we get some feedback on this NFZ update. Is this something we should stay away from?

I waited a while to update just because I wanted to see what others are experiencing. Some have said that their Mavic gimbal is acting sort of drunk or slow to respond to controller input. Maybe not a lag, but something to look for.
Litchi seems to be back up to speed. But will need some testing of issues that were known since 0500 to be sure.
0600 update on the Mavic was quick. Less than ten minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty