DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

59ad6d6ec53900965d746edb9492f9a0.jpg

I have not tried it yet. It's similar to find my iPhone. It points on map last known location for the drone.

Again.... I haven't tried it yet. So I can speak much about it.

Mike
Thanks...I didn't think to look there for it......will do so when I get home tonight.

Those having problems with the upgrade check the manufacturing date of your mavic: DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder

We might see a pattern showing us that a certain manufacturing date range causes trouble indicating there might be some hardware revision with problems.

Mine was manufactured on February 28th 2017 and never had any problems. Upgrades go smooth, it flies well.

Adding the manufacturing date to your signature might also be a good idea so others can see when eventual trouble drones were built.
Mine was manufactured on 12/01/2016 and no major issues to-date (knock on wood) with functionality or during updates. The only issue I seem to have is related to DJI assistant 2 on my I-Mac where I can't perform a sensor calibration. The screen never displays the grid patterns so I have to abort out. However, I can do it on my Windows laptop.....so I do have a work around but an issue none the less.

Against my own advice I updated to this new firmware and right away it bites me in the butt. after the firmware update the gimble wouldn't calibrate correctly on start up, it would actually get stuck on the arm of the gimble. and gave me gimble overload, gimble obstruction warnings. I had to physically move the camera off the arm. That and when it does its starting calibration it seems to slam into something when it calibrates downwards. I finally got the gimble to stop getting stuck on the arm but it still slams into something on the downward calibration.

Reactions: Bintryin
I have to admit all these updates coming at us makes me bit nervous that they are finding it necessary to do so many updates. Are they releasing them before they are fully vetted or are we Beta testers for them?? I don't know but I feel pretty sure that as long as we have the very latest DJI supplied updates installed, then it would make it very difficult for DJI to deny a claim for damage or loss.

Reactions: Flange4 and Sdt09
Well tilted horizon here we come lol, or just put it in fpv mode instead off follow.

Against my own advice I updated to this new firmware and right away it bites me in the butt. after the firmware update the gimble wouldn't calibrate correctly on start up, it would actually get stuck on the arm of the gimble. and gave me gimble overload, gimble obstruction warnings. I had to physically move the camera off the arm. That and when it does its starting calibration it seems to slam into something when it calibrates downwards. I finally got the gimble to stop getting stuck on the arm but it still slams into something on the downward calibration.
how did you come to the conclusion that the firmware update has anything to do with the gimble getting stuck on the arm during calibration? It sounds like a hardware issue to me as there must be some free play in the joints or something that is bent/broken that is allowing it to contact the arm as it goes thru it's movements. Not sure how a firmware update could result in a hardware issue such as this.

Perhaps the gimbal isn't seated correctly. See this post it might help.
Gimble shake error

Did you have an ND filter on at the time? This happened to me once when I did not have the ND filter fully seated. It caused the edge to get stuck on the arm during calibration. Once I fully seated the filter, all was good.

how did you come to the conclusion that the firmware update has anything to do with the gimble getting stuck on the arm during calibration? It sounds like a hardware issue to me as there must be some free play in the joints or something that is bent/broken that is allowing it to contact the arm as it goes thru it's movements. Not sure how a firmware update could result in a hardware issue such as this.
Because its never done it before. I just turned it on before the firmware update and it didn't do it.

Did you have an ND filter on at the time? This happened to me once when I did not have the ND filter fully seated. It caused the edge to get stuck on the arm during calibration. Once I fully seated the filter, all was good.
Yes, I have a polar pro cinema series ND filter on, never caused an issue before.

Still on original firmware… and going to stay there, as it all seems to work just fine. Plus I am not eager to get more restrictions on the No Fly Zone, as going to be flying in China soon, and its already redicilous (30km no flying around Beijing centre)

BTW, anyone have a comparison on what regions/areas were further restricted with recent firmware updates?

Reactions: flyNfrank
Because its never done it before. I just turned it on before the firmware update and it didn't do it.
I would be frustrated too but if you really think it is firmware related, downgrade and see if it goes away. My suspicion is that it will not.

Yes, I have a polar pro cinema series ND filter on, never caused an issue before.
Well, the fact that you do have an ND filter on and you are now having the issue points more toward the filter not being installed/or seated completely causing it to hit when it goes thru the calibration sequence than it being a result of the firmware upgrade. I would first start by removing the filter and see if you can calibrate it without issue. If you can, then reinstall it and make sure it is fully seated and with it powered off, move it thru the range of motions to see if it physically hits anywhere. If still good, power it on and watch it during the initialization to see how it responds. If it only does it under power, it would lead me to believe you are developing some slop in the joints which is causing it to hit when initializing.

What is the smooth option on the Rc transmitted quality settings? It was HD and normal before. Now they added smooth and video can only be at 1080p with this smooth option. Anyone knows what does smooth do? Thanks.
I played with it for a few minutes this morning without actually launching the drone. It seemed to me that there were fewer dropped frames during a gimbal up/down motion, so my guess would be that the smooth option maintains a more steady frame rate for the video downlink.

Just a guess - perhaps someone with some actual info will chime in.

Reactions: İmaginecars
Well, the fact that you do have an ND filter on and you are now having the issue points more toward the filter not being installed/or seated completely causing it to hit when it goes thru the calibration sequence than it being a result of the firmware upgrade. I would first start by removing the filter and see if you can calibrate it without issue. If you can, then reinstall it and make sure it is fully seated and with it powered off, move it thru the range of motions to see if it physically hits anywhere. If still good, power it on and watch it during the initialization to see how it responds. If it only does it under power, it would lead me to believe you are developing some slop in the joints which is causing it to hit when initializing.
Its fully seated. I fly with it on and start with it on all the time. I retested it just now and it seems to have gone away. Must of been a fluke. I turned it on and off several times and it seems to have solved its self.

Has anyone been able to confirm/replicate this NFZ LIMIT issue that is plaguing this firmware. Seems like you cannot take off if you have a weak gps signal? People have reported that they were unable to fly indoors..Im hesitant to update if this bug exists for sure.

Never had an issue before, until the new firmware.

Mine calibrates ok with the PGY filter installed, maybe the PP one is fouling?

No problems with latest FW for me, all seems good.

Hello to All,

Since the latest update (0600), I am not able to succeed in the Gimbal auto-calibration process...
The gimbal autocalibration process fail after 68% (???).
Before this update (<=0550) the gimbal auto-calibration worked properly...
Does someone have this kind of problem ?

Look the screen copy (attached) of my Ipad mini 4 which shows the gimbal calibration failure.
Thanks for your help...
Sincerely

Attachments

• IMG_0163.PNG
    IMG_0163.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 148
I wonder if the gimbal startup sequence is now going through a larger range of motion than it did previously. I had mine do a Gimbal Auto Callibration from the gimbal settings menu, and noticed that the calibration routine is different than it was with a new slow left-right panning pass. So it's possible that the startup sequence has changed as well.
I'm using the Taco ND filters and have not had it cause an obstruction yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1