DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware V01.03.0800

That's interesting? I can't view in either. I wonder why your Lightroom works. Mines the latest version.

Any chance you could see if you can open this image?
DJI_0004.DNG

thanks

I opened it in Windows 10 photos... and Photomatix Pro 5.1.

After updating to 800 I can no longer fly at my home location in California. Previously I was in a yellow "unlockable" zone, which I had no problem unlocking. The controller read "near NFZ", but I was able to fly. After the update it says "In NFZ" and "Cannot Take-off". I can only conclude that they expanded the NFZ area in the update. Also, I doubt that reversing to an earlier firmware would reverse this, since the NFZ Update was a separate update within the firmware upgrade process.

Same for me. All my .DNG pictures cannot be edited with iPhoto. I can see the thumbnails but any editing attempt, the photo goes all black. This stinks. JPEG still works

Have you tried uploading to another external hard drive from the sd card then importing into iphoto?

Maybe formatting the sd card will help....

Have you tried uploading to another external hard drive from the sd card then importing into iphoto?

Maybe formatting the sd card will help....

Yes, I've used a few different avenues getting the files on my computer and nothing has changed. Given the similarities with other posters' issues, I don't think it's how I'm uploading the file. If the file itself was broken, it wouldn't work on my phone, right? I'm definitely a novice in this area. Thanks for your response.

Yes, I've used a few different avenues getting the files on my computer and nothing has changed. Given the similarities with other posters' issues, I don't think it's how I'm uploading the file. If the file itself was broken, it wouldn't work on my phone, right? I'm definitely a novice in this area. Thanks for your response.
The phone app shows a preview, so you're not looking at the original files.

Sadly it seems dji have broken something with this update, basically if you want to capture in raw you'll need to downgrade back to an older firmware, which has worked for me.

Am I only one who understands that as "Flying without phone/tablet(without fpv video) will be restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m ?"

I mean I know that English isn't my first language but it doesn't say that it requires connection to the servers, just that you need to be connected to the Dji Go 4 or compatible app (Litchi?) during flight.

In such case there is no need for such drama, as none goes past 50m without camera feed anyway.

After testing it this weekend I did get that warning but it did not limit my distance but the max height was restricted to 30m

The phone app shows a preview, so you're not looking at the original files.

Sadly it seems dji have broken something with this update, basically if you want to capture in raw you'll need to downgrade back to an older firmware, which has worked for me.

So are those files lost? Obviously they can't be edited on my Mac, but can I take them somewhere and use a different program. Sorry if I'm not clear, I just really like what I shot and if I can't print them, well, that stinks. Thanks

CRY CRY CRY... why don't you people just test it out.. its easy, I did it after I saw all the tears.. so I put the phone in airplane mode, disabled all data. Everything works as normal. Ie can fly and take off in Atti mode and GPS. Rebooting the s8+ that I was testing with also had the "logged in" survive the reboot. Ie, did log out as some expected, this was tested when data services were off, wifi and LTE and then the reboot was preformed. DJI Go app allowed me to take off and fly.

HOWEVER, if I manually signed out of the app, it would require me to sign in, and would not go past the login prompt. SO don't sign out before you take that drive or hike to the middle of no where with no data access and you wont have a problem.

two points.

1. This will become an issue for someone somewhere where some other set of circumstances require a login, like using someone elses device that already had the app installed but wasn't logged in. I came across this on my last hike, where the s8+ caused the app to crash a few too many times, wanted to use someone elses s7 edge that had the app, but would not work due to no cellular coverage. I AGREE THIS IS F***I*G stupid DJI

2. The wording used by dji in the release notes was VERY POOR in describing this whole "Connected" aspect. If they did that better, there would be less hate...

I'm plannig to have a long travel in a foreign country and take a lot of footages. I'm wondering wheter I have to subscribe to a local data plan or not. Before this update I was thinking no, but now ... What do you suggest? Is it safe to go with my mobile without internet connection? Should I keep the old firmware by the time, or is it enought to maintain my DJI app logged in before the departure according yo you?
Thanks in advance :)

Just flown for the first time with the V01.03.0800 FW update. No problems whatsoever (1000m out with altitude of max 120m). Then again I was not flying in any restricted NFZs, something no one should do anyway. Used latest DJI GO 4 version on an iPad Mini 4.

These kind of "updates" improve nothing. They only serve DJI's controlling agenda, not their consumers. They are primarily about hobbling the aircraft and user more and more, and blocking attempts to circumvent their control (hacks). My Mavic Pro is awesome, but it will probably be my last DJI drone because I don't need a governor on my car or on my drone. DJI is ruining their products with this approach.

So are those files lost? Obviously they can't be edited on my Mac, but can I take them somewhere and use a different program. Sorry if I'm not clear, I just really like what I shot and if I can't print them, well, that stinks. Thanks
so far they seem lost. Maybe adobe will update camera raw and they might work again?

New Mavic arrived Friday, had no worries about updating to the latest firmware, 5 flights later and no issues whatsoever. Coming from an Inspire 2 and P4 Pro image quality wise this has surpassed my expectations. Love the little beast!

Reactions: Dan Lee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661