DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New From SoCal

nick1236

Reactions
Hello everyone. Checking in from the San Diego area. I have a concern I'm hoping some of you could help me out on. I realize this should probably be in the tech section but I thought it would be ok to drop it here possibly.

My Mavic seems to have some gimbal issues. When sitting on a flat, level surface after initial setup it tends to wander around a lot. I took a video and posted it to youtube. Here is the link:

I have read on here and other forums that the gimbal issue is a known problem. I'm wondering if I should go through the replacement process. Any ideas?

I have done a compass calibration and also several gimbal calibrations.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

I am not sure that is a problem when it is sitting still. Does it do it in the air? The tilted horizon can be adjusted in the settings.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

It does not appear to do it in flight although I havent really taken a lot of video in the air. I noticed it wandering when sitting flat on a table and I have been trying to figure out if its a problem or not and I haven't really flown it to much. I'll take some in flight video and see what happens.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78