DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Are you using the trackimo tracker. Does it cover up the staus light when its on ? I have one too, just waiting for my Mavic to find best place to stick it.

I'm still happy with my set
1098e577bf1c2130248d69a169705716.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

All these extenders look too bulky. I'm curious to hear from people that own them how much they weigh and what impact on flight time they have (if it's even noticeable).

Reactions: Jetek
Hello, I have a set of these leg extensions and they only way a couple of grams. I saw no difference in flight time.

All these extenders look too bulky. I'm curious to hear from people that own them how much they weigh and what impact on flight time they have (if it's even noticeable).
For what it's worth the PolarPro leg extenders weigh 31g (1.09oz). That's pretty light, but I have no idea if it's a good weight compared to other options.

Edit:
These are only 20g (according to @F6Rider):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSR52PK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So to sum it up, PolarPro are heavier by 11g, but give you a wider stance which is safer and more stable... not that the other ones aren't stable enough.

Last edited:
The ones in post #45 are 20g (according to F6Rider) and the polarpro's 31g (according to Dmbrody) so 11g between the two, not bad for the extra material of the polarpro's.

Reactions: Dmbrody
The ones in post #45 are 20g (according to F6Rider) and the polarpro's 31g (according to Dmbrody) so 11g between the two, not bad for the extra material of the polarpro's.
Edited that in. Thanks

The Phantoms' skids make them easy to hand catch. A low profile skid for the Mavic might do the same. The ones with the suspension built in are too floppy. Something similar, but rigid would be perfect.

Just got the Polarpro leg extenders in, classy packaging, good build quality, nice finish and they look the part.
I'm a happy camper!

Reactions: curtissimo
I bought THESE, and they work great, lift the Macic 1,25" in the front, and back, weighs in at an even 20gr, and gives you a nice place on the back leg to place a tracker. They are really small and light, and can be installed or removed very fast, with a nice stable stance. The under body of the Mavic is 2" off the ground when installed and they do not interfere with the sensors. I recommend them. You can also fold up the drone with the extenders on, but you would have to store the Mavic with the battery down as the back would be so tall as to make the gimbal dome hit the surface it is sitting on.

Hi F6Rider,

Just a clarification from another Marco Polo owner... are you now mounting it to the rear extender vs on the side below the battery I thought I had seen earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hi pilots,

Came across these on the Polarpro site; DJI Mavic Leg Extensions

Looks like a much more stable stance then the ones where you put the back legs under the body (like those on eBay).
Haven't seen or heared much about these new ones so i rolled the dice and ordered them, looks promising.

Folks, they work great. Tight fit both back and front. Even had a little problem getting front ones off.

Hi F6Rider,

Just a clarification from another Marco Polo owner... are you now mounting it to the rear extender vs on the side below the battery I thought I had seen earlier?

No, still mounting on the side, I tried the rear leg extender, but to get the antenna dead center to avoid the prop swing had it way off center without enough Velcro contact for me. I have however used the Velcro on the rear leg extender for the white StrobeOn Nav light, which is super bright, and works well there.

No, still mounting on the side, I tried the rear leg extender, but to get the antenna dead center to avoid the prop swing had it way off center without enough Velcro contact for me. I have however used the Velcro on the rear leg extender for the white StrobeOn Nav light, which is super bright, and works well there.

Thank you. The light concept is pretty cool. I think I saw a thread somewhere on it and will go look.

Btw, I like the compact design of the mavic shoulder bag but obviously it won't hold the Marco Polo locator so today I am taking to a sewing place to see if they can sew on a bigger piece of the side mesh to accommodate it.

Thank you. The light concept is pretty cool. I think I saw a thread somewhere on it and will go look.

Btw, I like the compact design of the mavic shoulder bag but obviously it won't hold the Marco Polo locator so today I am taking to a sewing place to see if they can sew on a bigger piece of the side mesh to accommodate it.

If you are going to a alterations shop just take the Marco Polo tracker and have them make a side pouch to fit it and have it sewed to the side, with a velcro or snap cover flap. Not hard, my wife offered to do one on mine but I sold it and went with a sling bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: curtissimo
I seen a thread in the help section that someone with a leg extention kit says his mavic would not auto takeoff. Has anyone else seen an issue with this. Mavic thinking its already airborne?

My mavic have no issue for auto takeoff and landing with extension

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie