DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic controller antenna do not snap together.

Parsons256

Reactions
Hi everyone.
After a long wait I finally received my magic , I'm super excited to get it up in the air soon.

Checking it out the build quality looks good but I noticed that my transmitter antenna do not snap together. They look to be slightly miss aligned and do sitt flush.

Not a huge deal I don't think it's worth sending it back but sort of annoying on such a pricy drone .

I am Just wondering if anyone else has received a transmitter with antenna issues and if they sent them back for repair?

Cheers
Chris

Mine don't fit 'perfectly' either. It's something I did take note of on day 1. But I moved on quickly. They lay flat enough. U are putting the right one down first ( just checking)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If you have them right so the notch on the tip is aligned and push hard it should snap into place, mine is a little firm also!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi all, you don't need to push on to snap it into place! It is designed to be slided!

You first close the right one an then the left one while applying a little pressure so the notch on the left one slides under the notch on the right one (it really doesn't take to much pressure just to make sure they stay aligned) try it!

Reactions: halley
Hi all, you don't need to push on to snap it into place! It is designed to be slided
Exactly - that is what I have always done and it works fine.

z966nZQ.gif

My apologies to everyone [posters] above. Up until now, I did not believe they "snapped" - - but, i was wrong, they do! I didn't notice until Haley posted the GIF above and can see the "snapping" male and female tips which are on the ends of the antenna. For the first time, I snapped mine - - and they snapped "as designed". Now, I needed to "slide" them apart - - too afraid to "unsnap" as that appeared too awkward.

Edit: I see that it would be better to "slide" them in place. Like others have suggested, it takes a little bit of practice, but "Slide-In" and "Slide-Out" seems to make the most sense. Either way, these antenna do "fit" nicely when properly closed/secured.

I must say, DJI certainly put a lot of thought into this entire MP System!
Finish Edit.

I'll bet most do not know this! Shannon

Last edited:
My apologies to everyone [posters] above. Up until now, I did not believe they "snapped" - - but, i was wrong, they do! I didn't notice until Haley posted the GIF above and can see the "snapping" male and female tips which are on the ends of the antenna. For the first time, I snapped mine - - and they snapped "as designed". Now, I needed to "slide" them apart - - too afraid to "unsnap" as that appeared too awkward.

I'll bet most do not know this! Shannon

You can slide then close and also slide to open! It just seems and feels less stress and force being applied to a plastic piece try it!

I at first snapped it on top of each other but then after a few days I noticed that one of the notch was becoming flat in one end so I decided to give my local store a call and they advised to slide it instead

You can slide then close and also slide to open! It just seems and feels less stress and force being applied to a plastic piece try it!

I at first snapped it on top of each other but then after a few days I noticed that one of the notch was becoming flat in one end so I decided to give my local store a call and they advised to slide it instead

You're exactly right. I edited my earlier post. Thanks!

Great info here. I've been snapping mine together hard and have been worrying that I might damage them. Can't wait to try the sliding method.

Well hey, learn something new every day. Much easier to slide them apart and together. Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661