DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Platinum Owner! (UK)

Yeah it is brand new, only had it for about 3 days!

I have had a look, i don't think i am going to be able to find out for sure until i give it a proper fly outside. I did a recording test on my iPhone and i can hear very clearly the Ultra Sonic working, but for the time being i am going to wait until i have had my first proper outside flight before contacting DJI... Which i have heard isn't the best.

I bought the drone from a company who appeared to be in the UK, they are actually based in the US so i am worried that i may have a US warranty (which may mean it will need to be sent back there for repair?).

Yeah let's hope it's nothing, personally I'd be reluctant to fly it with any errors. What firmware is it running? have you tried a firware update?

Did you update the Mavic right out of the box to V1.4.0100 firmware? Did it complete OK ?
Yeah pretty much as soon as i turned the Mavic on it asked for a firmware update, seemed to complete without any issues.

Would it be worth giving the firmware a reinstall? (just in case)

Yeah pretty much as soon as i turned the Mavic on it asked for a firmware update, seemed to complete without any issues.

Yeah maybe worth a try

Yes do a refresh via Assistant 2

Yeah maybe worth a try
Yes do a refresh via Assistant 2

Thanks guys, i will give it a go tonight when i get home from work..

I have only seen it twice though, both times after using the simulator, so it could be related to that but i don't want to take any chances, especially as i haven't even taken it outside yet! A reboot seemed to resolve the issue. I was also having issues with GPS but that is understandable as i was inside.

Thanks guys, i will give it a go tonight when i get home from work..

I have only seen it twice though, both times after using the simulator, so it could be related to that but i don't want to take any chances, especially as i haven't even taken it outside yet! A reboot seemed to resolve the issue. I was also having issues with GPS but that is understandable as i was inside.

OK that's not quite as bad then as the Mavic is inside and on the ground and could explain the error ... the GPS is normal as you have pointed out.

OK that's not quite as bad then as the Mavic is inside and on the ground and could explain the error ... the GPS is normal as you have pointed out.
Yeah exactly, i am not sweating too much for the moment...

Hi All,

Glad to have found this forum. Newbie in drones and will be getting my Mavic PP tomorrow. I’m from Malaysia and planned to visit UK in December.

Could anyone from the UK the advice if there is any requirement(s) in flying Mavic PP in the country? Planning to capture some nice pictures and 4K videos during my coming trip.

Cheers for now, looking forward to your kind advice soon.

The UK rules/guidelines are fairly simple. Some of the guidelines become law tomorrow 31.07.2018

Drone code | Dronesafe

Keep within visual line of sight. Stay below 120m AGL. Stay 50m from people and houses, 150m from crowds and built up areas.
Some large property owners (e.g. National Trust, English Heritage) will try to stop you flying on their property but this is of dubious legality, however if you don't want to be challenged, fly in places or at times when nobody will see.

Reactions: Airtreker
The UK rules/guidelines are fairly simple. Some of the guidelines become law tomorrow 31.07.2018

Drone code | Dronesafe

Keep within visual line of sight. Stay below 120m AGL. Stay 50m from people and houses, 150m from crowds and built up areas.
Some large property owners (e.g. National Trust, English Heritage) will try to stop you flying on their property but this is of dubious legality, however if you don't want to be challenged, fly in places or at times when nobody will see.

Thanks for the advise. Heard the parliament will table new aviation rules on drones in November, hope the new regulation on flying drones will not take effect that soon.

I think they are saying 2020 for the new laws. At the moment the only actual law (from tomorrow) is no flying above 120m or within 1km of an airport. The rest are just guidelines.

Reactions: Airtreker

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly