DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini..

boybehindacamera

Reactions
Sorry guys, noob question.

got my mini yesterday (basic package) - charged it up in about 3 hours and went to fly..

The battery was fully used up today so I plugged it back in to charge, via the wire, into a usb apple plug.

8 Hours later it’s still flashing away, going through the motions and had made it up to the last light. But, this can’t be normal, this is a long long time to charge? I also noticed that when I removed the plug the lights went faster but slowed after a while.

Any help, support or tips are most welcome. Sorry for such a basic question.

E

got my mini yesterday (basic package) - charged it up in about 3 hours and went to fly..

The battery was fully used up today so I plugged it back in to charge, via the wire, into a usb apple plug.

8 Hours later it’s still flashing away, going through the motions and had made it up to the last light. But, this can’t be normal, this is a long long time to charge? I also noticed that when I removed the plug the lights went faster but slowed after a while.

E
Hi, which Apple plug did you use? You need a 18w Quick Charge 3 plug to maximise charge times

Reactions: Wild Wayne
I’m assuming it’s just a normal apple plug!? iPhone....? How can I distinguish an 18w??

Im in the uk if that makes any difference?

I’m not in the UK but I recall this thread.. maybe it will help??

That is really useful, thank you.
Do you have any insight into rough charge time with a normal plug and the 18w so I can gauge what’s normal?

the 18w charger that comes with the flymore combo charges one battery in around 90 mins from 20%, but to get the full benefit of the increase charge speed, you need a cable that is able to carry the higher current the combo comes with two of these

I have a DJI combo charge plug and a Ravpower, both are QC3

i would imagine that it should be the same as the combo cables if you compare it to say the apple charger lead it should be thicker

E
Do you need a three amp charger. 3×5 = 18

the 18w charger that comes with the flymore combo charges one battery in around 90 mins from 20%, but to get the full benefit of the increase charge speed, you need a cable that is able to carry the higher current the combo comes with two of these
This is my experience also.

Reactions: old man mavic
I had the same problem you are having and I had to go buy a 18w charger and it charges a lot faster now

I have the combo with the 18w charger but also have a Huawei phone which supports fast charging, but it's got too be with the correct fast charge usb cable. When you've got it right the leds should blink quickly and charge time is about 90 mins. Hope this helps

Very accurate reply...old man you do know your stuff....

Very accurate reply...old man you do know your stuff....
thanks for you comments it means a lot ,i try to help where i can,though i sometimes get it wrong

Reactions: WooZie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111