DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MM firmware just out

Going back to 500 since it won't matter what I do since DJI has to fix this. I'm getting the impression that they have done this for a good chunk of province since a user in Niagara falls is having the same problem. I'd be curious to know if anyone in the London/Sarnia/Windsor area is having this issue. It's crap like this which is why I never updated my P4 beyond 1.3.509.
I sent an e-mail to [email protected] about this. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Others with the same issue may also want to message them. The more the merrier!

I used the feedback section within the app to mention the same thing. Will post here if I heard anything. It sucks because today was a nice day for a chance and I had a list of things I wanted to do with the Mini.

Going back to 500 since it won't matter what I do since DJI has to fix this. I'm getting the impression that they have done this for a good chunk of province since a user in Niagara falls is having the same problem. I'd be curious to know if anyone in the London/Sarnia/Windsor area is having this issue. It's crap like this which is why I never updated my P4 beyond 1.3.509.
It's crap like this which is why I'm still on FW 200. It's also the reason companies like Autel exist and can thrive somewhat.
With DJI, Unless you have a need for new feature in their firmware, stay well away from them.

Reactions: timinator
I'm getting the Downsview warning as well now and I'm way up in Keswick. It lets me fly but It's much slower speeds on the right stick with the update and it keeps chirping at me about the restricted zone. I'm not sure I like the new firmware!
Just got a mini and in getting the same, grand island ny???? Constant voice prompts at times....

I emailed them as well.

Last edited:
Just got a mini and in getting the same, grand island ny???? Constant voice prompts at times....

I emailed them as well.
Yeah, Super heavy Chinese accent "Restricted Zone Reached." Kinda reminded me of some of the Engrish i heard on my first few China trips.

Man they really screwed up big time if this transcends country borders!

I'm west greater Toronto area, about 40 or 50km from Downsview. Having the same issue. Restricted zone warning, and the horizontal speed is severely limited. I emailed them as well, no response yet. This started after the most recent set of updates.

What type of info did they ask for?
Could you please kindly advise the information below for further assistance:
1) Flight Controller's serial number. (It can be found in App’s About page after connected to your aircraft )
2) Flight location longitude, latitude. Please send me the information in the format of longitude: 1.123456; latitude: 1.123456. (Please use the Google Map to confirm the coordinates)
3) Your DJI Account email
4) A screenshot of the APP's ABOUT page. please go to DJI App > General Settings > About.
5) A screenshot to show the NFZ information.

Sorry to hear about all the issues you guys are having. I just updated my firmware, all my batteries, and Geo this morning, then I put it away. After reading about the havoc some of you are having, with concern I went into my backyard (Delta, BC Canada) and tried my MM out. Wind warnings are touchier than ever, but I have no restrictions and no issues otherwise. Happy to have full control my camera settings, now all I need are ND Filters. I hope DJI addresses your issues quickly. Good luck!

I have a feeling DJI got the flysafe database wrong, since they are using the airport for Military purposes on a temporary basis to assist in COVID19 . This issue seems to cover the entire province of Ontario. Not good.

1587861155883.png

Well after updating 2 days ago I'm regretting doing so.. The app is glitching and freezing.... I've had 2 app failures.... The range is now terrible. 1500 feet and it its gone even though I've still full signals so I think it's a software issue ... Once it even tried to auto land at 700 feet right in front of me at 77% battery which I had to cancel... After that I decided it wasn't safe to fly... I've reinstalled the app and will try again today... If no improvement il be reverting to the previous firmware because I had zero issues

I’ve flew twice with new FW and all fine for me so far, in UK.

Just need to read up and find out how to use all the new camera and video manual settings. They haven’t updated the manual since first FW release and quite a lot has been added since.

anyone in uk having problems after the update ?
yes if I update it the controller keeps bleeping I do all the sensor test and resets. Still no joy but if a restore the previous version everything works again. I've updated using both methods phone and PC still the update is boked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki