DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MM pilot

Stratfordben

Reactions
Hi folks,

My Mavic Mini (Fly More Combo) was delivered on Sunday just gone and I haven't been able to put it down since! I love it.

However today I received my first "error" for Motor Speed and it was the rear left motor which I've read seems to be common since the latest firmware update but could also be associated with the way the MM is packed away in to the fly more case so I'll be interested to see what the actual cause of that is!

Anyway, I look forward to chiming in on these forums wherever I can!

Regards,
Ben

welcome @Stratfordben ;)

As long as you're careful that they're "straight" (pointing inwards) when you put them in the case, you should be fine. If at an angle, they could be distorted due to the cases high points.

Or get a friend with a 3d printer to do you some prop holders (as I've just done!)

Thanks all! Happy to be here and very happy with the MM - current issues aside!

I've been closely following the Motor Speed Error thread here and also Sar104's experimentation results regarding this error here and it would seem that the props themselves are the cause of the error message. I do store my MM in the Fly More case and it's quite possible the rear left prop has become slightly deformed so I will certainly pay closer attention to this in future.

I will also look into the prospect of new aftermarket props, if any are available. I do have a friend with a 3D printer - I may have to look into the prop holders :)

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM. You will find plenty of support here. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks all! Happy to be here and very happy with the MM - current issues aside!

I've been closely following the Motor Speed Error thread here and also Sar104's experimentation results regarding this error here and it would seem that the props themselves are the cause of the error message. I do store my MM in the Fly More case and it's quite possible the rear left prop has become slightly deformed so I will certainly pay closer attention to this in future.

I will also look into the prospect of new aftermarket props, if any are available. I do have a friend with a 3D printer - I may have to look into the prop holders :)

These guys are super friendly and know EVERYTHING about drones ha ha

My prop protector guard things just arrived, and are perfect. Peace of mind as soon as I put them on! Would definitely recommend them

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_204740.jpg
    IMG_20200429_204740.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200429_204733.jpg
    IMG_20200429_204733.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
Does the MM fit nicely in the fly more case with those on?

Can you please share a link from where you got them?

They slot straight in, you don't even know they're there, shuts as it normally would so thumbs up from me.

I don't think he'll mind me sharing, it was in this forum that I found the link Mavic Mini Wing Holder Clips by Hoolyhoo. Look at his other designs, I'm waiting on the lanyard phone holder. And search Mavic mini on the site, there's loads of interesting designs!

Reactions: Xanadu
These guys are super friendly and know EVERYTHING about drones ha ha

My prop protector guard things just arrived, and are perfect. Peace of mind as soon as I put them on! Would definitely recommend them

Does the mini go into the case props up or down ?
I read on the mini test thread that there is plenty of room in the case for the props, and should be no stress if the props are folded / held in that horizontal format, but it seems to me that if the props are down, that's not good ?

On of my first thoughts when the props became more known as being the issue was just swap out for a case / bag that has good body support to keep props totally clear.

I saw in the test thread, there are carbon fibre props out now aftermarket.
Would be very careful though, many aftermarket items are poor grade, they might be worth a shot for @sar104 or others to test though.

Hi folks,

My Mavic Mini (Fly More Combo) was delivered on Sunday just gone and I haven't been able to put it down since! I love it.

However today I received my first "error" for Motor Speed and it was the rear left motor which I've read seems to be common since the latest firmware update but could also be associated with the way the MM is packed away in to the fly more case so I'll be interested to see what the actual cause of that is!

Anyway, I look forward to chiming in on these forums wherever I can!

Regards,
Ben
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111