DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MPP drone pilot - Chicago burbs

Tacyon

Reactions
I've been lurking the technology since before DJI was who they are today. Scratch built drones were just becoming popular and driving the tech to higher and more reliable quality. I have what I consider purchase anxiety disorder. I want something. I can afford it. But I analyze the piss out of it until I decide to not get it. Usually due to not being able to rationalize said purchase.
Well the build quality, hardware reliability and video transmission quality are now at a point where I be comfortable with the purchase and it helped being handed basically a MPP flymore.
Too cold to fly for now. Did one outside flight when we were in the mid 40's and several indoor takeoff and hover while I get used to the controls.

Here's to NOT losing my MPP!

Tac

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I've been lurking the technology since before DJI was who they are today. Scratch built drones were just becoming popular and driving the tech to higher and more reliable quality. I have what I consider purchase anxiety disorder. I want something. I can afford it. But I analyze the piss out of it until I decide to not get it. Usually due to not being able to rationalize said purchase.
Well the build quality, hardware reliability and video transmission quality are now at a point where I be comfortable with the purchase and it helped being handed basically a MPP flymore.
Too cold to fly for now. Did one outside flight when we were in the mid 40's and several indoor takeoff and hover while I get used to the controls.

Tac
Howdy from Wyoming @Tacyon , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Jetlichan
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Jetlichan

Tac
Im from Rockford and just got mine too. Was able to fly for about 9 minutes yesterday around my yard but the weather was not cooperating. Evrthing went ok but I can't seem to get my Samsung galaxy s8 to connect to the drone in the Dji go app 4. Finally was able to get it going by using the bottom USB port. Flying the app disconnected 2 times and reconnecting the USB C cable from the phone brings back the connection. Just order a Huawei Honor 6x as a dedicated display. Should arrive Saturday and even with the 14 degree cold I will take it out for a bit.. Can't wait.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111