DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Owner since one week

Mavician

Reactions
Hi everyone. Found this great forum on internet searching for information.
I'm Phil, living in Belgium. Got my Mavic Pro last week after waiting two months on pre order.
Done a few flights and still wondering if I have the blurry image issue on the right side of the image. It's there sometimes, and sometimes not. So I'm experimenting right now. Hope to learn things here and share some other stuff.

Regards, Phil

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Reactions: Mavician
Can you post some examples? I know this camera is really too small to be producing any noticeable DOF separation but that might be the case depending on how close/far your focus area is compared to the rest of the composition.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Well this is a downsized small portion of one of the first videos I made.
Is it a fault or pilot error not using the focus correct. Clicking the screen on the right hand side, I heard the focus beep but the image remained blurry. This video was shot in 1080P @ 50 while I made my first flight.

After a few days I shot a new video near my home in 4K @ 30, did the same preflight checks and focus when at altitude and this resulted in a good quality footage.

But after this success I again got some blurry footage. So It's hard to tell if I have a defect or not and is it a learning curve I have to go through. Knowing I made some good quality footage I'm hopefull the lens or sensor is not defect or bad aligned.

Phil

Can you post some examples? I know this camera is really too small to be producing any noticeable DOF separation but that might be the case depending on how close/far your focus area is compared to the rest of the composition.

Last edited:
@Mavician - wow! no idea what's going on there. There is a utility within the DJI Assistant that will run some tests on the camera. It will have you point the Mavic at different areas of your screen while it does (what I assume to be focus) calibrations. Have you downloaded it and tried it?

@DodgeP I downloaded the assistant software to check the firmware on both the RC and the Mavic. But I didn't know there's a utility that lets you run some tests. I will look at it this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

@Mavician - wow! no idea what's going on there. There is a utility within the DJI Assistant that will run some tests on the camera. It will have you point the Mavic at different areas of your screen while it does (what I assume to be focus) calibrations. Have you downloaded it and tried it?

I don't see that option when I fire up the assistant 2 where is that part located? Would really love to know before I send one of 2 mavics I have

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Well nothing helped so far. The footage is just bad and awful. After I had one time with good image quality the rest of flights I made over this weekend proved that the problem consists to exist.
I decided to return the Mavic for a replacement. I hope I will not take weeks to have it replaced.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21