DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Saskatchewan Canada almost?

Not exactly Forum savey

• what does poll mean?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • possible response to what?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Real Heavy Metal

Reactions
Almost! Cause I haven't flown my brand new Mavic pro Platinum yet. It was an ordeal to get. It was and ordeal to set up. I have choppy video with a 2 second lag. On the two devices I have and have tried. Went on you tube last night and tried everything suggested. Better but not fixed. Have to go out and try it though. Because the issue could be interference. Remote gave a "mag interference" warning. When I turned on the controller and the Mavic it made every WIFI network in the area disappear out of the network list including my own for a while. I fully charged the batteries but during the the time I had the Mavic turned on for setup and going though all the menus The remote died before the one battery on the Mavic did. Wish me luck!!!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Almost! Cause I haven't flown my brand new Mavic pro Platinum yet. It was an ordeal to get. It was and ordeal to set up. I have choppy video with a 2 second lag. On the two devices I have and have tried. Went on you tube last night and tried everything suggested. Better but not fixed. Have to go out and try it though. Because the issue could be interference. Remote gave a "mag interference" warning. When I turned on the controller and the Mavic it made every WIFI network in the area disappear out of the network list including my own for a while. I fully charged the batteries but during the the time I had the Mavic turned on for setup and going though all the menus The remote died before the one battery on the Mavic did. Wish me luck!!!!
Howdy from Wyoming @The Real Heavy Metal , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! I get magnetic interference on my work bench, this is normal as it's close to metal objects, that warning will go away when you get it out in the open. You'll love the Mavic Pro, it's a great machine. Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! I get magnetic interference on my work bench, this is normal as it's close to metal objects, that warning will go away when you get it out in the open. You'll love the Mavic Pro, it's a great machine. Fly safe and have fun!
Thanks for the welcome I've watched about every youtube video that exists on the Mavic since they came out. This was a long time coming. I'm hoping big time that the video issues are interference also. Not much has cooperated in this venture. Lol... not even the weather. last two weeks of low plus temperature Celsius, melting, and clear skys other than a couple days of heavy snow. so right now every thing is covered by a foot and a half of pristine white snow. Finally get the drone. Think I'm ready to fly. sky's a clear sunny 4mph wind but the temp is dropping. if I don't get it up today then it'll be a week because we got multi day double digit negative cold front moving in. So I really really really really hope the video issue is interference or I'll be lying blind. still be fun though. If it weren't for the challenges i'd have no reason to get up. Only drone I've ever owned was a $60 viper with less than 50 ft range. So this is should be a real experience

Almost! Cause I haven't flown my brand new Mavic pro Platinum yet. It was an ordeal to get. It was and ordeal to set up. I have choppy video with a 2 second lag...
Hopefully, your video problem is caused by your location. It may be your Go4 version does not play nice with your display device. It is a pain to screw with the software until you get a setup that works but once you do, turn off auto-updating so it will not change unless you want it to.

I think it is better for a new pilot to not even look at the display. All the options it presents can be overwhelming at first. Just fly around by watching the Mavic itself. This teaches stick control. Take off and land with it facing away from you so the Mavic matches the stick movements and have fun!

... I fully charged the batteries but during the the time I had the Mavic turned on for setup and going though all the menus The remote died before the one battery on the Mavic did. Wish me luck!!!!
Did you also fully charge the remote? It should outlast 3 Mavic batteries.

Hopefully, your video problem is caused by your location. It may be your Go4 version does not play nice with your display device. It is a pain to screw with the software until you get a setup that works but once you do, turn off auto-updating so it will not change unless you want it to.

I think it is better for a new pilot to not even look at the display. All the options it presents can be overwhelming at first. Just fly around by watching the Mavic itself. This teaches stick control. Take off and land with it facing away from you so the Mavic matches the stick movements and have fun!

Did you also fully charge the remote? It should outlast 3 Mavic batteries.

Yes I fully charged the remote and the Mavic batteries. The controller was stone dead out of the box less than 1%. The remote said 100% charged when i started setup. during setup last night it died within less time than a single Mavic battery.

I Went out and tried it. It flies like a dream. Was only in the air for 5 minutes cause I can't handle the cold very well. If my body worked as well as the Mavic flies I'd be in good shape. The video on the android is crap though. Still the lag and Entire bottom 3/4 is blacked out so it's useless other than data. once all the stabbing pain stops in my fingers I'll go back out for round two. I'll fly it close line of sight till I figure out what the problem is and how to fix it. Or till someone smarter than me tell me how. I'm using a Samsung S4 with lollypop it's supposed to be the most stable from my understanding. I also have a cheap Android tablet it had lag but a better video. I'll have to wait for my wife to get home with my car so I can go out and try the tablet. It's too big to fit in the remote and a foot and a half of snow doesn't allow much area for setting things up or down. Got to say. I went up too 29m. Interesting how the sphincter tightens up when you have a 2000 dollar investment I saved over a year for 29 meters in the air. Lmao.......

Reactions: Tinman99
Yes I fully charged the remote and the Mavic batteries. The controller was stone dead out of the box less than 1%. The remote said 100% charged when i started setup. during setup last night it died within less time than a single Mavic battery.

I Went out and tried it. It flies like a dream. Was only in the air for 5 minutes cause I can't handle the cold very well. If my body worked as well as the Mavic flies I'd be in good shape. The video on the android is crap though. Still the lag and Entire bottom 3/4 is blacked out so it's useless other than data. once all the stabbing pain stops in my fingers I'll go back out for round two. I'll fly it close line of sight till I figure out what the problem is and how to fix it. Or till someone smarter than me tell me how. I'm using a Samsung S4 with lollypop it's supposed to be the most stable from my understanding. I also have a cheap Android tablet it had lag but a better video. I'll have to wait for my wife to get home with my car so I can go out and try the tablet. It's too big to fit in the remote and a foot and a half of snow doesn't allow much area for setting things up or down. Got to say. I went up too 29m. Interesting how the sphincter tightens up when you have a 2000 dollar investment I saved over a year for 29 meters in the air. Lmao.......
Went out for another 6 minute flight. All I can say about this machine is WOW!!!! HODAY CHIT! If the app worked decent this would be like an outta body experience! I've watched many many video comments and reviews of how stable these units are but you just don't get it nor can it even be imagined until you try it.

I am glad you are enjoying the flight experience. I am amazed every time I fly my MP by how stable and responsive it is.

I am using Go 4 version 4.1.15 on my underpowered Galaxy Tab A (Android - don't know which version) and it is rock solid. 4.1.18 would not work at all. I know there are many newer versions out that probably work well on Android but I have not tried them.

I would suggest running your Samsung in Airplane mode (no WiFi, Bluetooth, etc) with all other apps closed. Also use the USB port on the RC with a known good data cable for your Samsung. Make sure the short cable is unplugged from the side of the RC if you do this.

Your RC battery should last far longer than it has. It will probably improve after a few charging cycles but if not, I would open a case with DJI. I can fly all three of my MP batteries and have enough RC battery for another if I had it.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Definition of poll - a questioning or canvassing of persons selected at random or by quota to obtain information or opinions to be analyzed

I am glad you are enjoying the flight experience. I am amazed every time I fly my MP by how stable and responsive it is.

I am using Go 4 version 4.1.15 on my underpowered Galaxy Tab A (Android - don't know which version) and it is rock solid. 4.1.18 would not work at all. I know there are many newer versions out that probably work well on Android but I have not tried them.

I would suggest running your Samsung in Airplane mode (no WiFi, Bluetooth, etc) with all other apps closed. Also use the USB port on the RC with a known good data cable for your Samsung. Make sure the short cable is unplugged from the side of the RC if you do this.

Your RC battery should last far longer than it has. It will probably improve after a few charging cycles but if not, I would open a case with DJI. I can fly all three of my MP batteries and have enough RC battery for another if I had it.
Pretty hard not to enjoy. Even with the app screwing up and not knowing anything about editing software i put this terrible quality video together on the first day. Got a total of 22 minutes of flight time in three flights today. I gotta figure out how to load HD. At 1080 it looked unreal.

YouTube

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle