DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot here

So I did the TRUST course and passed the tests. After downloading my Certificate, all I get is an HTML link but I cant seem to figure out how to save and actual PDF copy or where it might be. Anyone have any insight on this?

Edit; never mind, I figured it out

Last edited:
Anyone have any insight on this?

Edit; never mind, I figured it out
One thing, is it is FREE and if you ever lose the certificate, just take the course again…

I'm in C mode
An Interesting video, it was a bit like being "Alice looking through the looking glass" I kept looking the unexpected, like a cat lurking, waiting to pounce…

Remember, you can always "cheat" and drop the frames with the software editor when you are being hesitant in your flying. When I am flying in such close quarters, I remove the sticks and just use my thumbs on the gimbals, you have so much more control. Plus you can just plant your thumb on a particular setting and hold it without wobbling…

I would also advise you to go to YouTube and watch some videos on setting the Gimbal Pitch speed and smoothness. And the Advanced Gimbal settings to control how quickly or how slowly the drone will rotated (pitch) you can set it spin like a top or so slowly, you will get bored waiting for it to turn around…

When I am flying in such close quarters, I remove the sticks and just use my thumbs on the gimbals, you have so much more control. Plus you can just plant your thumb on a particular setting and hold it without wobbling…
Great tip! I was holding sticks near the base for stability. I can see how removing them altogether can be a benefit in some situations.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi I’m John. I bought a Mavic Mini more than two years ago and just now started enjoying it. I was way to busy but I have more free time now, that would be the best explanation for not using it sooner. I’m looking to asking questions and learning. Hopefully at some point my experiences with be helpful to others. Thanks for having me and please go light if I have stupid questions.
Welcome to the forum the Colorado Rocky Mountains! Happy and safe flying!

Reactions: JD1964
Thanks for the advice. I have about 2 hrs flight time at total. I understand the risk of flying in close proximity to things. To be honest I cant say that I've had zero mishaps. I bumped the fence by not allowing enough braking distance while hot dogging in sport mode and I failed to clear a plant hanger which resulted in me being tangled up in the herb garden. The drone smelled like oregano for a while after that. There's a small nick on one of the propellers but nothing else that I can see. I have yet to take it out to an open area but I'm looking forward to it and already taking notes on things to practice and try. I've learned to stay in C mode when flying closer to things.

BTW, here's a clip I did flying low level through my side yard. This is the first video I processed and edited using the DJI Fly app. I love the app. I admit I need improvement on my fluidity in flying and perhaps some light balancing settings. The footage gets a little dark at one point. I'm just fiddling and having. I can promise I'm not trying to win awards. However, this is something I did, so here it is. I'm in C mode

WOW... what a great yard to practice maneuvers! I was on the edge of my seat going along the back fence. I didn't think you'd go for it .... but you did. I'm in Southern California in a city carpeted with houses, apartment blds, condos and the like. Just like this photo. Near the ocean, but I am so jealous of all the trees in your yard! What a great playground. You flew it well. Can't wait to see more. vlcsnap-2023-04-07-15h12m18s390.jpg

Hi im jake, just bought a mavic 3e. Allready miss my inspire 1 and litchi😭

Hello from the Crossroads of America zoso1123

Hang in there, Litchi may become available someday for the Mavic 3e. 🤔

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member