DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Platinum And first time Drone pilot

patlowski

Reactions
Hey all, I purchased me a Mavic Pro Platinum. After two months of waiting for it to arrive I finally was able to fly. It is awesome but again, there is so much I need to learn. I already want to get another one like the inspire two. Maybe in a few years though.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi and welcome! I always recommend this video to new pilots.

I watched that video a few days ago. It was a good start.
I was just thinking of also adding:
On an open field, fly around 30m away, and around 10m high (below RTH altitude). Trigger RTH and get familiarised with the idea that the Mavic can return to home on it's own. It should go up to RTH altitude, and fly home.
If it starts flying away instead, you can cancel and take control and bring it back manually, and maybe check calibration after landing. Better test this RTH feature when it's nearby than to watch it trigger on its own far away and freak out.

Reactions: Mossiback
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hey all, I purchased me a Mavic Pro Platinum. After two months of waiting for it to arrive I finally was able to fly. It is awesome but again, there is so much I need to learn. I already want to get another one like the inspire two. Maybe in a few years though.
Howdy from Wyoming patlowski, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Howdy from Wyoming patlowski, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I am looking forward to continue learning from you all. I hope they ship my drone back quickly so I can fly again.

Hi All... Just got my Mavic Pro Platnum Fly combo on Boxing Day. Have not started flying yet but will be learning from you all through this forum. A lot to learn :).

Reactions: mickieenzfly
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190