DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Platinum Props Tested

ykwarks

Reactions
received my new set of props today. i live in china (next to shenzhen) so i was able to receive them the day after it was released.
it’s noticeably quieter than the original props in general, but especially during ascending and hovering.
i’ve also noticed a slight increase in the flight time as i usually get 17-20 minutes with 18-20% battery left but with the new props tested on 2 batteries i got 20 and 22 minutes. i understand it varies depending on how you fly but i’ve never got 22 minutes with the original props so my guess is that the new props made the difference.
i didn’t notice any increase or decrease in performance as far as i can tell.
just a quick review to share since i’m probably one of the first ones to receive and to test the new props.

Attachments

• C0BDE1F0-0078-4BCD-BF57-B4269AFB3E83.jpeg
    C0BDE1F0-0078-4BCD-BF57-B4269AFB3E83.jpeg
    867.1 KB · Views: 820
  • CE6063A0-B129-4413-B744-7AE9E354FFF7.jpeg
    CE6063A0-B129-4413-B744-7AE9E354FFF7.jpeg
    776 KB · Views: 860
  • A67CB224-F929-4E29-BD50-687946850BE1.jpeg
    A67CB224-F929-4E29-BD50-687946850BE1.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 851
Did you compare flight times using a hover test? Lower decibels is always good. Improves the ability to launch without attracting attention. :)
no i haven’t.. just did a few routine flight near my home. could be the wind condition that made today’s flight longer than usual so i can’t say i’m 100% certain on the flight time but it’s definitely quieter.

received my new set of props today. i live in china (next to shenzhen) so i was able to receive them the day after it was released.
it’s noticeably quieter than the original props in general, but especially during ascending and hovering.
i’ve also noticed a slight increase in the flight time as i usually get 17-20 minutes with 18-20% battery left but with the new props tested on 2 batteries i got 20 and 22 minutes. i understand it varies depending on how you fly but i’ve never got 22 minutes with the original props so my guess is that the new props made the difference.
i didn’t notice any increase or decrease in performance as far as i can tell.
just a quick review to share since i’m probably one of the first ones to receive and to test the new props.
The extended flight time is awesome. That is really going to show up when the Mavic is loaded with heavy batteries and approaching 40 minutes flight time. 10% more efficiency could give us an extra 4 minutes. It will also help avoid "max motor speed reached" warning as the props will run at a slightly lower rpm with the extra efficiency for a given speed. Now it's a matter of determining optimal speed for new propellers.

Are you using the new firmware that supposedly added support for the new props?
I ordered some also. Does anyone know if there is a setting for the new props in the new firmware or does the firmware adjust automatically?

this test suggests 1db or so saving in noise level which is not noticeable to a human.

Reactions: Rbruz
It will also help avoid "max motor speed reached" warning as the props will run at a slightly lower rpm with the extra efficiency for a given speed.

Now this is an interesting statement. I know the new FW adjusted for the new props so will the new FW take care of the "max motor" error even if using the standard props?

Reactions: Star Lord
So I am still on FW .700, is it necessary to upgrade to any FW newer or my DJI Go app to use these because i do not want to lose my modding ability?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569