DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New policy about firmware update and restrictions

I don't think anyone has mentioned this - pardon if it has - but DJI specifically adds " as determined by your geographical location and user profile".
So how would this work while travelling?

I got the email as well but haven't yet read it thoroughly. The first thing that comes to mind though is, don't we have some rights considering we purchased this item? I own my mavic, I did not lease it, I do not rent it. I am not obligated to return it when I am done with it. I own this item outright. Before I bought it, it was advertised to do X. If the company forces me to update my product and puts restrictions on it after the fact which changes the capabilities for the worse, effectively changing it's suitability for my needs, shouldn't that be a legal matter? What's the precedent here? Something is vaguely stuck in my head about court cases involving people who have purchased books and then want to resell them vs copyright holders that demanded either the items couldn't be resold or if they were they were due the proceeds. I don't recall that working out too well for them. Isn't this along the same lines?
DJI Mavic privacy / backdoor
DJI Mavic privacy / backdoor

I've updated my RC, Goggles and UAV to the latest firmware and I'm restricted to 45 meters distance. How am I supposed to register? I don't use tablet and the UAV won't connect to my ancient smart phone. I used a computer and DJI assistant for the firmware update.

I've updated my RC, Goggles and UAV to the latest firmware and I'm restricted to 45 meters distance. How am I supposed to register? I don't use tablet and the UAV won't connect to my ancient smart phone. I used a computer and DJI assistant for the firmware update.
If you are flying with those 3, then you're s*** outta luck. You'll need to borrow someone's tablet/smartphone and connect the RC to it at least once so you can log in to the app. After that, you will be good to go.

I'm sure they didn't think of this scenario. SMH at the DJI Product Managers.

Reactions: Randy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_