DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to droning.

QAS

Reactions
Hi I'm new to the world of drones and am having a hard time playing back my videos from my mavic pro to my iPad. Some play some don't I get an unsupported file error when trying to play most of the videos. I've downloaded several converters and players with not much success. I love the drone but it's very frustrating when you can't see what you shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

what resolution and format are you recording in (4k/mov)?

Also, how are you getting them from the SD card to the iPad, camera adapter?

Shooting 4K MOV using cars adapter to move them to my ipad

I don't have an iPad but I don't think they were really intended for 4K video. I don't think any tablet really excels at it yet. The iPad Pro supposedly is able to play and scale it down for the screen resolution available, but the processor just isn't made for heavy work like that.

The 4K world is still on desktop computers. Load it up in a video editor and publish your edited copy at a more reasonable 1080p HD or 2.7K at a bitrate designed for your iPad.

iPhones and iPads do not support 4K. You should convert them to 1080 or filming in that resolution. I had the same problem with my GoPro.

Thanks guys I'll try putting them on a pc it's just been a little frustrating there's not much detail in the mavic owners manual. I guess they figure everyone who buys this drone knows what they are doing. I'm learning. Thanks again

Yep i had same issue with gopro5 filming in 4k but my iphone 6s plus doesnt support 4k... so are there any android phones or tablets that support 4k? Invidia shield maybe?

QAS, download the pdf users manual. That QuickStart guide you get with the Mavic is very vague.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18