DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to the Forum & New to Drones

I'm in southwest Tennesse and am ignorant of drones, but interested in the Air 2S (or any other recommended recreational drone with a good camera in the $1000-$2000 price range).

What do I need to do to be legal?
I am still too dumb to know what questions to ask. I dearly love anything to do with flight, particularly antique Piper taildraggers and the biomechanics and flapping flight mechanics of azdharchid pterosaurs.
I used to fly a Piper Super Cruiser; it was a lot of fun and my only taildragger to fly.
As for drones, just spend hours upon hours watching YouTube videos and going through everything on FAA.gov about drone regulations. There is no crash course to learning.
Having an FAA pilot certificate, even if not current, will make the FAA 107 pilot exam a little easier as you would already be somewhat familiar with aviation charts and weather.

Reactions: GFields
My suggestion would be to focus on becoming the best pilot rather then being a legal pilot. Being legal is the bare minimum to being a pilot. If you focus on being the best pilot you will learn skills AND become legal. Like flying a taildragger, learning the regulations is not enough as your flying skills are what keep you safe. Being the best pilot will go a long way with all aspects of flying.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Thanks, but I don't know enough to say much of anything productive.

Where in the Outback are you? (that's a biiggg place) 😀

Well, I'm still too dumb to know what to search for.
Here's a photo of me on a sandbar in the Mississippi River taken about 55 years ago. My mirror has grown somewhat more wrinkledy-faced and fatter since then, but I'm still in my late 20s (I wish).View attachment 152760
Great photo, thanks!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member