DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to the forums, 1 month with Mavic

Ed Ricker

Reactions
Hello all,
Wanted to introduce myself. I'm quite active on YouTube as a Mavic owner, but I never considered joining the Mavic forums until today!

I live in North Carolina and I've owned the Mavic for a month. I recently received my Part 107 airman certification for sUAS, so I'm getting more serious with my flying.

Hope to integrate with you all and become a better flyer as well as help others with the Mavic knowledge I've gained.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Ed. :)

Hi Ed, glad you joined. I like your videos. We already had a brief contact, I wrote this comment on your piece about Mavic video settings.

Hi Ed, glad you joined. I like your videos. We already had a brief contact, I wrote this comment on your piece about Mavic video settings.
Awesome, thank you again for your informative contribution. Thanks for watching!

Hi Ed, I'm one of your youtube followers. I like your vids. Glad to see you on here.
Very cool, thanks! Great to see you on here as well.

Hey Ed, regarding your forest video, did you try waypoints or course lock to fly a straight line while yawing?
Hey, thanks for watching. No, I didn't try any of those. I'm looking to become a better pilot so I try to do things manually first. The automation is great when needed for a paying gig or something like that though.

Hello all,
Wanted to introduce myself. I'm quite active on YouTube as a Mavic owner, but I never considered joining the Mavic forums until today!

I live in North Carolina and I've owned the Mavic for a month. I recently received my Part 107 airman certification for sUAS, so I'm getting more serious with my flying.

Hope to integrate with you all and become a better flyer as well as help others with the Mavic knowledge I've gained.

Hi Ed, I am a subscriber to your channel and enjoy your videos, they are informative and entertaining! I am sure you are busy, but I was wondering if you could you take a look at this video and tell me how i could fix some of the skipping. Is this because i am using 30fps? I do realize that in some of the scenes i was just moving a little to quick. Any feedback would be appreciated... Thank you!

Hi Ed, I really liked your last video. That took a lot of work to find that little cord :)

Hi Ed, I am a subscriber to your channel and enjoy your videos, they are informative and entertaining! I am sure you are busy, but I was wondering if you could you take a look at this video and tell me how i could fix some of the skipping. Is this because i am using 30fps? I do realize that in some of the scenes i was just moving a little to quick. Any feedback would be appreciated... Thank you!

Hey thanks for subscribing! First of all, great home and location! Love the view.
I noticed some minor skipping during the orbiting shot at 0:44, more noticeable at 1:30, and then worse at 2:06 with some frequency. It looks like it was exported at 30 fps (am I right?) If it was both shot and exported at 30 fps, then it shouldn't have that stuttering. What editing program did you use, and what codec did you export using? For youtube videos, I always use Premiere with H.264 and the YouTube exporting options.

Reactions: bd_alpine
Hi Ed, I really liked your last video. That took a lot of work to find that little cord :)
Thanks, yes it did...but all's well that ends well.

Reactions: Cmw1100
Hey thanks for subscribing! First of all, great home and location! Love the view.
I noticed some minor skipping during the orbiting shot at 0:44, more noticeable at 1:30, and then worse at 2:06 with some frequency. It looks like it was exported at 30 fps (am I right?) If it was both shot and exported at 30 fps, then it shouldn't have that stuttering. What editing program did you use, and what codec did you export using? For youtube videos, I always use Premiere with H.264 and the YouTube exporting options.

You are correct. Shot and exported at 30fps. I am using Movavi editor which is I'm sure an entry level program. Movavi exports in .avi format and I cannot see a way to change that. I do have a converter that I could convert to h.264 before uploading to you tube? Or get a better editor? It's only money I suppose :) Thanks, Brian

You are correct. Shot and exported at 30fps. I am using Movavi editor which is I'm sure an entry level program. Movavi exports in .avi format and I cannot see a way to change that. I do have a converter that I could convert to h.264 before uploading to you tube? Or get a better editor? It's only money I suppose :) Thanks, Brian
Hmmm, perhaps it's the editor, I've never used Movavi. Does the video stutter when played directly from your computer, or does it play normally? It could be an issue uploading to Youtube if your computer plays it fine. If it stutters from your computer too, I'd blame the editing software.

Hi Ed,

watched your new video about the sunshade. I have two remarks about that.

shade_contrast.jpg

In this scene, you talked about when the flares start to show up. But like with SLR lenses, a sunshade can also improve image quality even if no visible flares appear, because the overall image contrast can become lower once the sun hits the front lens in any way.

Second, I think the flicker effect you talk about in the end is likely caused by the wind. The drone's angle, and with it the sunshade, was probably constantly changing in relation to the camera to keep up with the wind. Know what I mean?

Hi Ed,

watched your new video about the sunshade. I have two remarks about that.

In this scene, you talked about when the flares start to show up. But like with SLR lenses, a sunshade can also improve image quality even if no visible flares appear, because the overall image contrast can become lower once the sun hits the front lens in any way.

Second, I think the flicker effect you talk about in the end is likely caused by the wind. The drone's angle, and with it the sunshade, was probably constantly changing in relation to the camera to keep up with the wind. Know what I mean?
Ahh, good point about improving image quality. Didn't think about that initially.
As for your second point, I don't think I'm convinced. It wasn't nearly as windy later in the day when I did more test shots. I still got the flicker. It really looked like something from the props. Also, I didn't get the flicker effect when the sunshade was off.

As for your second point, I don't think I'm convinced. It wasn't nearly as windy later in the day when I did more test shots. I still got the flicker. It really looked like something from the props. Also, I didn't get the flicker effect when the sunshade was off.

Ok, you didn't mention that the wind had calmed down. And you mean the frequency of the flicker could match props spinning? I'm having a hard time imagining how the props could interact with the shade in that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman