DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie check in

Sherwood92

Reactions
Relatively new drone pilot in Central California. Recently purchased Mavic Pro. I shoot almost exclusively still photos for work analysis, so much of my interest is in getting the best results for that. Also just general workings of the drone. Thanks in advance for any help I can get from you experts. I'll try to give useful input when I can.

Hi all,

First, I want to say I hope everyone are both safe, and well. I am a total Noob, never have I flown. Drone. I am currently looking at the DJI Mavic Mini, reading up and watching videos, I have a couple of questions if anyone can take the time to answer.

1. Is the DJI Mavic Mini a good starter Drone?

2. I am in the boonies, many areas have no cell signal, will this be an issue in flying a drone?

3. I am hoping to fly over the trees and view the animals on the trails and take some nice pictures and videos, will the drone be to loud for this?

4. when ever I play games, I always Invert my controls, down to go up, and up to go down, is this an option with the drone?

Thanks again everyone for your ideas/Thoughts and advice.

Cheers,
@MrBill welcome to the forum ,the MM is not really for flying long distance and you could have problems if the wind suddenly picked up while you were out a ways, and because of its size it is quite hard to see at distance
the lack of cell signal is not an issue
im afraid you will not be able to change the stick config to allow the stick down to climb or up to descend
to be honest with you a better drone such as the M2P or M2 zoom would be a better drone if funds will run to their cost

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of suggestions and recommendations here in the forums. Wish you well. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty o support and help here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy