DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Sarasota FL area!

RoadTripper

Reactions
Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a newbie to drones, and just purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum. I've had about a total of 20 minutes of airtime with it until my next day off work, so I am hoping to learn lots from this site!

Purchased my Mavic from Costco. It came with the dji goggles, and the prop protectors. It was on sale for $1,099.00. Sounded like a good deal with the goggles!

Any others in the Sarasota area that can recommend some good places to fly? I actually live in Nokomis, for those who might be local.

Thanks for letting me join, look forward to learning all I can.

Rick

Hi and Welcome from the PNW! You will probably want to pick up two more batteries and some ND filters for smooth video. Watch crash videos to learn from others mistakes and have fun!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi and Welcome from the PNW! You will probably want to pick up two more batteries and some ND filters for smooth video. Watch crash videos to learn from others mistakes and have fun!

Thanks, I did purchase 2 more batteries and a multi charger for them. Aside from that I purchased a landing zone for taking off from the grass, and an 64gb card. I have been looking into the filters also, any recommendations on brand?

Thanks,

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a newbie to drones, and just purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum. I've had about a total of 20 minutes of airtime with it until my next day off work, so I am hoping to learn lots from this site!

Purchased my Mavic from Costco. It came with the dji goggles, and the prop protectors. It was on sale for $1,099.00. Sounded like a good deal with the goggles!

Any others in the Sarasota area that can recommend some good places to fly? I actually live in Nokomis, for those who might be local.

Thanks for letting me join, look forward to learning all I can.

Rick
Howdy from Wyoming @RoadTripper , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

... I have been looking into the filters also, any recommendations on brand?...
Perform a search for filters on this forum and you will get a lot of opinions. I use PolarPro and they work well but there are others that are also good. If you get a well-known brand you should have no problems using them.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

Hello All, my name is Alex and I'm new to the forums as well as being a new drone piolet. I am looking for areas to fly in the Sarasota/ Manatee area. I have looked online but have found very little specifically about drones and where you can fly them.

Any direction would be great and extremely helpful!

I hope everybody is staying safe during these crazy time!

-Alex

@SuncoastLaser - Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to your contribution.

Hi
Hello All, my name is Alex and I'm new to the forums as well as being a new drone piolet. I am looking for areas to fly in the Sarasota/ Manatee area. I have looked online but have found very little specifically about drones and where you can fly them.

Any direction would be great and extremely helpful!

I hope everybody is staying safe during these crazy time!

-Alex
Hi

Reactions: Hauptmann
Iam from Sarasota

I am far from Sarasota, but I have shared a soda. 😃

Hello from the Crossroads of America Lloyd6969.

You've tapped into a thread that's about three years old so the responses may be limited.

Introduce yourself with a new thread to the Forum and I'll say Hi again. 🖐

Let us know what your flying and the members here will help with any questions you may have.

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d