DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nexus 7 Gen II

It works fine at least with new DJI Go 4 - but doesn't feel safe in the controller arms.
Like the ipad the corners can be squeezed into the cut-outs but only just.
If you have one already I'd see how it goes.

How well does it work with the Mavic
That's what Im using I think it works great. I have an Nvidia K1 but it won't fit without modification to the controller and I don't want to do that. Ive had zero issues with the fit and function of the Nexus 7.

That's what Im using I think it works great. I have an Nvidia K1 but it won't fit without modification to the controller and I don't want to do that. Ive had zero issues with the fit and function of the Nexus 7.

That's good news one less thing I have to buy

Reactions: phxphotog and Romi
How are you getting a Nexus 7 Gen II to fit? I have one and the arms don't come close to opening wide enough. What's the trick??

How are you getting a Nexus 7 Gen II to fit? I have one and the arms don't come close to opening wide enough. What's the trick??
It fits between the widest point at the end of the arms then you just slide it in toward the controller till it's all the way up against it. The corners of the tablet will actually protrude through the slots on the arms. The arms have to be extended as wide as they will go. Your not sliding in parallel to the arms but diagonally. It actually fits perfectly.

Reactions: nigel
It fits between the widest point at the end of the arms then you just slide it in toward the controller till it's all the way up against it. The corners of the tablet will actually protrude through the slots on the arms. The arms have to be extended as wide as they will go. Your not sliding in parallel to the arms but diagonally. It actually fits perfectly.
Can you post a pic of how you have it mounted? I have one and can't get it to fit, so I'm using my iPhone instead. I'm assuming you don't have a case on the nexus 7 v2?

My Nexus 7 (2013) fits without a case.

IMAG0923.jpg IMAG0924.jpg
Can you post a pic of how you have it mounted? I have one and can't get it to fit, so I'm using my iPhone instead. I'm assuming you don't have a case on the nexus 7 v2?
Hope this helps, have to take it or of the case in order to make it fit.

Attachments

• IMAG0925.jpg
    IMAG0925.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMAG0926.jpg
    IMAG0926.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny G
Ok, I get it to fit in there. Now which cable are you using?
I use a short (6" ?) USB / micro USB cable to the bottom (full sized) USB port on the controller. Remember that the normal cable needs to be removed from the side port before you hook up the bottom port. You can't have even an unused cable plugged into the side port in order to use the bottom port.

how is screen visibility and reflection in bright light? Wondering how necessary it is to find some sort of anti-glare cover....
Also wondering whether there is there any lag or any other performance detriment noticeable and perhaps what the optimal settings are on both controller and tab for best interaction?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya