DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit Cannot Take Off After .600 Firmware

Unfortunately, my NFZ Limit bug is back today, don't know, why it was gone yesterday after downgrade and upgradeing with full GPS. So i think, i give up. Thanks DJI...

What i am interested in, does this NFZ Limit pop up also during flight? e.g i lift up in Atti Mode, Mavic gets low fix, what happens? Or during flight, GPS drops down, what happens? Will it land? Or will it go home to Shenzen, where "Find my Drone" locates it with low fix? Hm.. any experiences?

So i think i will downgrade to 400. I got some VR Goggles and want to play with them and the Litchi app...

I think some of mentioned this, but given the discussions of the NFZ lists downloading and it mysteriously working after flying with Wifi.... I wonder if it works more consistently with those users with Cellular data vs. those with a wifi only device?

Basically, the app tries to download or confirm that the list is updated (+- a date skew to allow for a period of staleness) and if that wifi-only device is not also joined to a hotspot then these issues NFZ Limit's appear? In theory, a Cellular device could also see these if there are network latency issues, DJI servers are offline or getting pounded from downloads?

Just another thought that might be tracked via a local network sniffing tool. It would require a rooted/jailbroken device though I believe.

I do not believe this to be the case.
I can now fly mine seemingly unaffected by any "NFZ Limit" warnings. With zero Sats, some Sats or sufficient to attain a fix and GPS mode. Even after having moved my Mavic, 3500km from of side of Australia to the other, I retained the ability to get airborne at all times (including before attaining a fix). I reckon it assumes you are in a NFZ, until you successfully download the NFZ list post update, that's all.

I wonder, are those effected by this issue are perhaps operating with mobile devices in flight mode thereby precluding Go from updating the NFZ list in the background.
Ok same here i have gone 6000 miles. London to Thailand i did the update and a test flight in london. Ihad the cant take off message in london thennit cleared.
In Thailand i did not get any NFZ limit or cant take off. In hotel i can get opti and atti.. i did a 4km range test on day 1 in thailand.
Still 3 Bars at 4km out

I do have GEO off

I did not even do a calibration and not asked to do one all sendors show fine

Below is a link escuse the bad footage all i have here is my phone but the AC had no issues at all flight wise only my bad video taking

As u can see she was steady. No NFZ warnings at all today

I do not believe this to be the case.
I can now fly mine seemingly unaffected by any "NFZ Limit" warnings. With zero Sats, some Sats or sufficient to attain a fix and GPS mode. Even after having moved my Mavic, 3500km from of side of Australia to the other, I retained the ability to get airborne at all times (including before attaining a fix). I reckon it assumes you are in a NFZ, until you successfully download the NFZ list post update, that's all.

I wonder, are those effected by this issue are perhaps operating with mobile devices in flight mode thereby precluding Go from updating the NFZ list in the background.
Hope you're correct but it is new behavior so the question then is why now but never before? Clearly they have changed NFZ behavior.

Well, I am still on .550 and will stay there as she is flying well without issues, just got her back from DJI after my little brain fart so don't want any drama, just flying.

I had my first 'incident' since the update: I was taking video of a historic building in the city at 160' altitude... I also got the NFZ warning, and somehow, Mavic decided to force land. It landed, by itself, with no video feed, 3 blocks away... on the hood of an automobile in the middle of the street! This is really alarming to me, as I need full control of the Mavic to be safe in an urban setting.

The driver was very nice and simply waited for me to show up. But the situation could have been far worse... or someone could have gotten hurt! I have flown almost daily for the past 5 months and never had anything like this happen.

Reactions: dlopezjurado
I had my first 'incident' since the update: I was taking video of a historic building in the city at 160' altitude... I also got the NFZ warning, and somehow, Mavic decided to force land. It landed, by itself, with no video feed, 3 blocks away... on the hood of an automobile in the middle of the street! This is really alarming to me, as I need full control of the Mavic to be safe in an urban setting.

The driver was very nice and simply waited for me to show up. But the situation could have been far worse... or someone could have gotten hurt! I have flown almost daily for the past 5 months and never had anything like this happen.
Were you near or in an NFZ?

If not, what do you think caused it? Perhaps a GPS loss?

Well, I am still on .550 and will stay there as she is flying well without issues, just got her back from DJI after my little brain fart so don't want any drama, just flying.

If I may ask what happened to yours I also had an incident after upgrading to .500 were something was not right with my mavic had to do with LED indicator green at takeoff as soon as it hovered would turn yellow and remain yellow during flight warning me there's an issueAlso did not hold position as accurate as before vertical and horizontal at a hover. called DJI there reply was if no warnings on your display keep flying, I disagreed and returned it. they applied there is no problem but after sending it back there was a $500 and some dollar repair. and wanted to use my DJI refresh. I told them no 4 hours of actual flight, no damage,Or accidents this is an internal problem they researched and agreed and fixed it as I'm reading these post I received a message from DJI automated message repaired but not yet shipped

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my NFZ Limit bug is back today, don't know, why it was gone yesterday after downgrade and upgradeing with full GPS. So i think, i give up. Thanks DJI...

What i am interested in, does this NFZ Limit pop up also during flight? e.g i lift up in Atti Mode, Mavic gets low fix, what happens? Or during flight, GPS drops down, what happens? Will it land? Or will it go home to Shenzen, where "Find my Drone" locates it with low fix? Hm.. any experiences?

So i think i will downgrade to 400. I got some VR Goggles and want to play with them and the Litchi app...

If you lift up in ATTI Mode ( before you had a GPS Lock ) and Mavic gets a low GPS fix you will receive the NFZ Limit warning and the Mavic will make a forced landing I suppose.

If you lift up after Mavic received a GPS Lock during a minute or so you are safe because your Home Position is now recorded and is no longer in Shenzen China......If Mavic gets a low fix thereafter it will go in P-OPTI or ATTI-Mode and you will no longer receive the NFZ Limit message .

After each restart Mavic will take Shenzen China again as Home Position , so above has to remembered after each restart .
Some people were more lucky and the problem was fixed after the first flight with a good GPS Lock .

Therefore make sure Mavic had a good GPS Lock Outdoors before starting to fly Indoors .

I suppose we will have to live this way until DJI comes with a solution or downgrade to 400 , 500 or 550.

This how I experienced that NFZ Limit problem , please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: Kiowa

I would really like to see the log of this incident, with more details. When did you get the NFZ warning- in flight or before take-off? When did your video feed drop- and were there any other warnings?

Hiya all,
First post on the forum and first update on firmware... Gives me this NFZ issue as well. Everything was going fine on the update until I got to the maps download. It appeared to freeze at this point so I turned off and on (as you do) then when I turn on at home it gives me NFZ...
I'll try in a new location soon to see if it still shows up...
Ta

Sigh, back to .400

Same thing - NFZ limit in the absence of a good GPS signal. Didn't try with no satellites, as I don't plan on trying to fly it indoors anyway, but I don't want it doing anything crazy in the case of a poor GPS signal.

Hey! Come on!! Let´s focus!
Those lucky ones that had no issue with the NFZ, GREAT!

But those who have it...we all need to claim!

THE KEY IS NO DOUBT ABOUT WHAT @airview2 wondered (and someone decided to suppose) and what @code_ultra_zyl EXPERIENCED!!!

We need to check in some way what would happen if you take off perfectly, and meanwhile, you are flying, suddenly satellites drop...then...it will be forced to land? THAT CAN BE A DISASTER!
Nobody here but @code_ultra_zyl has talked about it, and that´s the key...
I have no covered areas here, or sport pavilion, but we all should try to force that situation with caution and see what happens! just will be forced to land straight? will return to the right home? or to Shenzen home?

Sometimes I´ve been flying on a "narrow" canyon coming from outside, and satellites dropped...then...the Mavic will drop till the bottom of the Canyon and land? Or getting under some area cover by very high trees...or many other situations!

THAT IS WHAT WE NEED TO FIND ANSWERS TO...with a lot of care...
And of course, if any of this land happens...we need to claim to make them fix it...

Thanks @Airwolf and @code_ultra_zyl

Agreed. Had I thought of that I'd probably have tried flying it under my covered terrace but I've now gone back to .400 anyway. It would certainly be interesting to see what happens if someone is able to take off with good GPS then fly into a covered area where the GPS will drop to see if it lands.

I don't know at what point you guys will realize you should be rushing back to .400
I assume the big oh crap moment will be when DJI removes that version and people are stuck.
Ask yourself what features does .600 have that .400 does not have?

Rob
Hi Rob I have taken your advise after the .600 firmware buggered my Gimbal,it would go to a 45 deg angle ,my video was rubbish ,the NFZ rott. so gone back to 400 all looks good. The only thing is my remote would not go back, also the go4 app is the latest
so I'm not sure if the remote will give me a problem later . but for now 4 batteries in and no problems .

Hey! Come on!! Let´s focus!
Those lucky ones that had no issue with the NFZ, GREAT!

But those who have it...we all need to claim!

THE KEY IS NO DOUBT ABOUT WHAT @airview2 wondered (and someone decided to suppose) and what @code_ultra_zyl EXPERIENCED!!!

We need to check in some way what would happen if you take off perfectly, and meanwhile, you are flying, suddenly satellites drop...then...it will be forced to land? THAT CAN BE A DISASTER!
Nobody here but @code_ultra_zyl has talked about it, and that´s the key...
I have no covered areas here, or sport pavilion, but we all should try to force that situation with caution and see what happens! just will be forced to land straight? will return to the right home? or to Shenzen home?

Sometimes I´ve been flying on a "narrow" canyon coming from outside, and satellites dropped...then...the Mavic will drop till the bottom of the Canyon and land? Or getting under some area cover by very high trees...or many other situations!

THAT IS WHAT WE NEED TO FIND ANSWERS TO...with a lot of care...
And of course, if any of this land happens...we need to claim to make them fix it...

Thanks @Airwolf and @code_ultra_zyl

I agree , we all need to claim . DJI has to find a solution asap.
I contacted DJI support on Friday but do not expect a reply before Monday or Tuesday due to the Eastern wkend.
Happy Eastern.

Agreed. Had I thought of that I'd probably have tried flying it under my covered terrace but I've now gone back to .400 anyway. It would certainly be interesting to see what happens if someone is able to take off with good GPS then fly into a covered area where the GPS will drop to see if it lands.

Boris,
I didi it many times . After a good GPS and once indoors it switched to ATTI or P-Opti mode.
I would not try it starting in ATTI - mode and go flying outdoors because when building up reception of the GPS signal it will display the NFZ Limit message ... Don't know what will happen next.
Happy Eastern.

Thanks for the info #89, #97

I tried it indoors with no props installed. Starting in Atti with no GPS, then bring the Mavic close to window. The NFZ Limit appears at the controller but it reacts normal, means i could influence rpm with the sticks, no warning in the app. After a while, it switched into GPS Mode and says Home Point activated. Putting Mavic away from window, it switches back to Atti after GPS drops. No NFZ Limit any more. Shure, this is no real flight test and i don't want to try out...

The joke is, after repeating this test, means after rebooting Mavic and controller, the NFZ Limit message is gone but "Find my Drone" still locates it near Shenzen. I don't know what all this means and if it is gone forever. I will try again later.

Thanks for the info #89, #97

I tried it indoors with no props installed. Starting in Atti with no GPS, then bring the Mavic close to window. The NFZ Limit appears at the controller but it reacts normal, means i could influence rpm with the sticks, no warning in the app. After a while, it switched into GPS Mode and says Home Point activated. Putting Mavic away from window, it switches back to Atti after GPS drops. No NFZ Limit any more. Shure, this is no real flight test and i don't want to try out...

The joke is, after repeating this test, means after rebooting Mavic and controller, the NFZ Limit message is gone but "Find my Drone" still locates it near Shenzen. I don't know what all this means and if it is gone forever. I will try again later.

Airview 2
Thank you for the feedback.
I did exactly the same a couple of times with the similar results as you before " flying " it back indoors .
Mine still have the NFZ Limit message after rebooting and the "Find my Drone" still Shenzen of course except after a good GPS lock.
Contacted DJI support on Friday , awaiting answer .
Rgds.

Boris,
I didi it many times . After a good GPS and once indoors it switched to ATTI or P-Opti mode.
I would not try it starting in ATTI - mode and go flying outdoors because when building up reception of the GPS signal it will display the NFZ Limit message ... Don't know what will happen next.
Happy Eastern.
Just for what it's worth, try it without your phone/tablet. Once the gps sats are minimal (1-7 sats), the bird may still be getting position data from the mobile device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic