DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit Cannot Take Off After .600 Firmware

Just for what it's worth, try it without your phone/tablet. Once the gps sats are minimal (1-7 sats), the bird may still be getting position data from the mobile device.

Thanks Malavic.
Tried it without phone . No change , same results as with phone.
Rgds.

Just updated this morning. Heading out to fly now.

What OS are people using? Android or Apple?
We have change happening quickly and it is across 2 different OS.

Im using
Galaxy Tab A
Lollipop (5.1.1) (latest)

During Firmware update I was given an option to Upgrade NFZ database...I declined. I am headed out to fly. Will post an update later.

Just tried:
- It drift a little :(
- When hover over 2m, it will slow descent to 1.2m, but the remote still shows 2m :(
- Works with Litchi FPV, but not perfect.
- When install upgrade, 600 didn't ask we to upgrade NFZ data ????

Just updated this morning. Heading out to fly now.

What OS are people using? Android or Apple?
We have change happening quickly and it is across 2 different OS.

Im using
Galaxy Tab A
Lollipop (5.1.1) (latest)

During Firmware update I was given an option to Upgrade NFZ database...I declined. I am headed out to fly. Will post an update later.

Went through 3 batteries in 15-20mph winds @ 400 feet. No problems noticed.

I am attempting to fly in multiple places that I have flown over the past three weeks since acquiring my Mavic. None of which are NFZ's though they do fall in and around Geo green circles. I pushed the .600 update today, and on my first flight the controller indicated NFZ Limit for a few seconds and then went away. I went into the app to check the map for the green circles and none were there. I checked in the settings and I have no GEO option. I then went home to test. I turned the Mavic on in my house (which I've done many times before) and was presented with NFZ Limit and Cannot Take Off. I let the Mavic sit on the table while typing this and mid post it went into GPS mode and no longer displays NFZ Limit. Any ideas? Essentially I'm locked out of flying in a bunch of places that aren't red zones and I have no Geo options in the app.
Mine did the same exact thing!

Mine did the same exact thing!
-What sort of mobile device do you use?
-During the .600 update process was there anything to suggest the NFZ list update process did not complete?
-Have you tried flying the Mavic with DJIGo4 in GPS mode AND your mobile device (NOT in flight mode) AND a good internet connection?

I am of the view that this last step allowed mine to download the updated NFZ List. Since then I no longer get the NFZ limit message and issue. Like most of you I am nowhere near any NFZ zones. I did initially have the issue until completing a 20 minute flight. Since then it has been all good. So I recommend trying same.

Once thing I see in common with most people who have reported the NFZ Limit warning (including myself initially) is that they have not actually gone and done a GPS mode flight yet. Let alone one with the DJIGo app connected to the internet to allow data transfer & NFZ list update.

Android S7edge/DJIGo4.06/Firmware.600

Today I got a reply from DJI support concerning the NFZ Limit message .
They advise me to do a IMU and Compass calibration , which I did already before . NFZ Limit still there ....

Their message:

quote:
We do apologize of the inconvenience that you are having this issue with the no fly zone after you have upgraded the firmware of your mavic pro. We have some guidelines that may possibly resolve the issue. Please try to do the following.
Calibrating the IMU and compass.
1. Make sure that the mobile device, remote controller and the aircraft are all powered on and connected.
2. Make sure that the aircraft is on a flat surface.
3. Access the live view on the mobile app then tap on the drone icon on the upper right part of the page.
4. Tap on the “advance”
5. Select sensors then tap on “IMU calibration”
6. Tap on calibrate IMU then wait for it to finish.
note: on the "sensors" page will be seeing the compass calibration option.

If the issue still persists please get in touch with our flysafe team at [email protected].

My answer :

Thank you for your message and support.
I did a successful IMU and Compass calibration but the NFZ Limit message problem still remains .
I am not the only one who has that problem after update .600, a great number of others have the same problem .
On the other hand others who updated to .600 do not have this problem . ..
One point is clear , once we have a good GPS lock and go into GPS Mode the NFZ Limit message doesn't come back when
having a weak GPS signal afterwards ( 5 to 7 sats ) , we go into P-opti or ATT - mode as it should.
When having that NFZ Limit message ( before GPS Lock ) if I tap on " find my drone " it is situated in China ( near Shenzen ) ....
and this might be the cause of the NFZ Limit message . When I do the same after a good GPS Lock it is situated at my Home Position .
Please advice
Dan.

unquote

Hope they will take on that problem seriously .
Rgds.

They advise me to do a IMU and Compass calibration , which I did already before . NFZ Limit still there ....

Their message:

quote:
We do apologize of the inconvenience that you are having this issue with the no fly zone after you have upgraded the firmware of your mavic pro. We have some guidelines that may possibly resolve the issue. Please try to do the following.
1. Make sure that the mobile device, remote controller and the aircraft are all powered on and connected.
3. Access the live view on the mobile app then tap on the drone icon on the upper right part of the page.
4. Tap on the “advance”

If the issue still persists please get in touch with our flysafe team at [email protected].

My answer :

I did a successful IMU and Compass calibration but the NFZ Limit message problem still remains .
I am not the only one who has that problem after update .600, a great number of others have the same problem .
One point is clear , once we have a good GPS lock and go into GPS Mode the NFZ Limit message doesn't come back when
having a weak GPS signal afterwards ( 5 to 7 sats ) , we go into P-opti or ATT - mode as it should.
When having that NFZ Limit message ( before GPS Lock ) if I tap on " find my drone " it is situated in China ( near Shenzen ) ....
and this might be the cause of the NFZ Limit message . When I do the same after a good GPS Lock it is situated at my Home Position .
Please advice
Dan.

unquote

Rgds.

You are really helping us all!!!

We should do the same each time we have a trouble...THANKS!

Reactions: Daneng
I am using .550 with no issues, and I am no longer getting the message to update the firmware to .600. I just thought that DJI realized there was an issue with .600 and stoped requesting the update.

Their message:

quote:
4. Tap on the “advance”

My answer :

Please advice
Dan.

unquote

Rgds.

I received an e-mail back from DJI Support with a link where to send it in for repairs , which I refused to do of course.
We have to do with a software problem , not a hardware problem.

Instead I called their international service number and had a person on the line to which I could explain everything .
She was very cooperative and after talking to another service she advised me to downgrade to version .550 .500 or .400 .
In the meantime they will investigate the problem with the .600 FW upgrade .

So we have to wait and see...
Rgds

Reactions: sirrraj
Flip, haven't tried mine since over holiday period... I might go back to .400 then just to be on the safe side. Does that mean just ignoring the firmware update warnings if I can return to .400? Ta

Hello, I am joining this party too.
I think that everybody who upgraded to .600 have this issue.
Symptoms are completely the same as described here in "focus" reply.

Hope DJI will fix it soon.
Regards!

The issue with the NFZ Limit message is that DJI seems to be implementing the logic that until you get enough GPS satellites to confirm your location, the Mavic on .600 software assumes you are in an NFZ and refuses to take off. I believe this is an attempt by DJI to reduce/eliminate the problem of people taking off in an NFZ in ATTI/OPTI mode before being suddenly forced to land when GPS locks in and realises that the Mavic is flying in an NFZ. There are lots more first time drone owners who bought the Mavic then any of the Phantom series...

Since DJI Go 4 v4.04 for Android, firmware .500 and later, DJI have also increased the NFZ significantly in China, probably due to Chinese Government regulatory pressure. It used to be a hard circular NFZ at 5KM from airports, soft NFZ from 5KM up to 10KM. Now, it's an oval shaped hard 10KM NFZ around airports, up to around 15KM in at either end of the runways, which means you're out of luck if you live within the expanded zone. I was recently visiting China and was lucky that I came across this issue and downgraded to .400 before going since the area I was flying in was just within 10KM of an airport, but it's in an isolated mountainous area without people/houses around...

It's always a risk to update the firmware on day one. With DJI, you seem to almost always be rolling the dice when you update either the firmware or the app. e.g. on firmware .500 and .550, DJI suddenly takes away the ability to cancel auto-landing by increasing the throttle to max without telling anyone about it, resulting in at least one Mavic landing in the sea/lake because of this issue... They finally put it back in .600 after many comments in the DJI forum...

I'm staying with .400 and DJI Go 4 v4.0.3... I know this firmware/app combo and I know what the Mavic will do in almost all circumstances and reduces my chance of encountering weird/unexpected behaviour from the Mavic because of new "features" in the firmware/app.

The issue with the NFZ Limit message is that DJI seems to be implementing the logic that until you get enough GPS satellites to confirm your location, the Mavic on .600 software assumes you are in an NFZ and refuses to take off. I believe this is an attempt by DJI to reduce/eliminate the problem of people taking off in an NFZ in ATTI/OPTI mode before being suddenly forced to land when GPS locks in and realises that the Mavic is flying in an NFZ. There are lots more first time drone owners who bought the Mavic then any of the Phantom series...

Maybe, but i don't think so. It looks more like sloppy coding of the firmware. Not very trustworthy.

You could still lift off in Atti Mode. The procedure in #98 even fixed my NFZ-Issue, starting the motors in ATTI, waiting for good GPS Fix. With the motors running, NFZ-Limit does not pop up, bring back to ATTI. After rebooting, the NFZ Limit was gone... Anyone else tried this?

Reactions: fdiaz
Hey guys,
If i want to update to .400 FW, and i'm currently on .300 FW, is there a way to upgrade straight to .400 FW? Or do i need to upgrade to .600 first, and then downgrade to .400?
Does anyone know? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

Hey guys,
If i want to update to .400 FW, and i'm currently on .300 FW, is there a way to upgrade straight to .400 FW? Or do i need to upgrade to .600 first, and then downgrade to .400?

Yesterday I updated to .400 from v01.02.0900 (3 firmware releases back to November) via the DJI assistant on a mac, didn't have to go up to .600 first.

Reactions: SZNJ732
The issue with the NFZ Limit message is that DJI seems to be implementing the logic that until you get enough GPS satellites to confirm your location, the Mavic on .600 software assumes you are in an NFZ and refuses to take off. I believe this is an attempt by DJI to reduce/eliminate the problem of people taking off in an NFZ in ATTI/OPTI mode before being suddenly forced to land when GPS locks in and realises that the Mavic is flying in an NFZ.

This default to China in my opinion is in direct response to the posts about using heavy gauge tin foil to block off the GPS and fly the Mavic in Atti mode outdoors. I think DJI is really worried that people are going to use this method to get into NFZ areas and fly their Mavics. It makes sense since now it's impossible to do that unless you go far away from a NFZ get GPS lock then cover it with the foil and drive with the drone powered until you reach the location. Even then we have heard of some weird stuff happening. So its possible the IMU may relay to the on board CPU that you have traveled too far from the last known location and refuse to take off again.

If I was a DJI tech that's exactly how I would solve the problem.

Rob

Reactions: sirrraj
Hey guys,

Just select .400 in DJI assistant 2 and upgrade the Mavic and the remote to it. You do not need to go to .600 first.

Rob

Reactions: SZNJ732
Flip, haven't tried mine since over holiday period... I might go back to .400 then just to be on the safe side. Does that mean just ignoring the firmware update warnings if I can return to .400? Ta

Yes just ignore them and press "Go Fly".
If you freshly install the app and do not use an internet connection on the tablet/phone you do not even get the messages. It thinks everything is fine.

Rob

Reactions: Pp09nlk2n
Just select .400 in DJI assistant 2 and upgrade the Mavic and the remote to it. You do not need to go to .600 first.

Rob

Your posts have convinced me to downgrade, so thanks for your contributions.

Presumably to downgrade I simply connect the Mavic to my MacBook and select the .4 FW?
Thanks.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes