DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No fixed wing mode on Mavic 2 Pro

I would, but I only have a Mavic 1.

I was choosing on buying a Mavic pro or parrot disco and went for the Mavic since it had fixed wing mode and I could have both a simulation of flying a plane and a quadcopter with a great camera.

So if I got a Mavic 2, I would miss it so much that I still would use my Mavic 1 for fixed wing.

Reactions: Jupp
I was excited about fixed wing on the mavic 1. They i tried it and realised it doesn't fly like a fixed with but more importantly, doesnt LOOK like a fixed wing flight so defeated the whole point of the effort.

It was basically a constant speed "cruise control" that couldnt be slowed down without turning off.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I was excited about fixed wing on the mavic 1. They i tried it and realised it doesn't fly like a fixed with but more importantly, doesnt LOOK like a fixed wing flight so defeated the whole point of the effort.

It was basically a constant speed "cruise control" that couldnt be slowed down without turning off.
Gimble needed to be set to FPV, when you turn, like a fixed wing, the horizon angles as well. I liked it on MP1, maybe it will appear at a later date.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Locking the roll axis (or more if you want) on the gimbal is really the only issue, otherwise it's extremely easy to fly the drone like a fixed wing if you want to. I can't imagine it was a popular feature, but still if they had it before it's odd to leave it out.

Thanks,
So, how can I lock the roll axis on the Pro 2? (And what "more" if I want to?)

Doesn't sound like you can, based on the other replies. If you want to fly it around like an airplane it's super easy, but you won't have the horizon tilt if you can't lock the gimbal - sounds like DJI removed this on the M2P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman