DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No focus at all

expozzzz

Reactions
Pulling my hair out a little here! Shoots fine indoor as soon as I get outside while flying it's the footage is ******! I tried tap to focus, manual focus, firmware refresh, gimbal calibrate, imu calibrate, app reinstall I let the drone acclimate to the temperature thinking maybe inner fog from warm to cold and still the same results! What would cause an issue like this
1dbe2e2b154e8d88b76445ce22da33c8.jpg
e518750d76fa4003287548eb590898ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just try resetting the camera settings. Try it that way but after lifting off, tap to focus and see if the picture is any better.

The indoor shot isn't in focus either.
Camera reset might help.
Is it *trying* to focus but missing when you tap?

If this is out of the box you are probably needing to contact "support" :eek:

The indoor shot isn't in focus either.
Camera reset might help.
Is it *trying* to focus but missing when you tap?

If this is out of the box you are probably needing to contact "support" :eek:

It was fine the first flight now I'm having these issues

Pulling my hair out a little here! Shoots fine indoor as soon as I get outside while flying it's the footage is ******! I tried tap to focus, manual focus, firmware refresh, gimbal calibrate, imu calibrate, app reinstall I let the drone acclimate to the temperature thinking maybe inner fog from warm to cold and still the same results! What would cause an issue like this

What is the temperature outside when flying?

Low 30s

I have done a few flights a that temp with no lens issues.

I do however, have a image sensor that is shutters my video feed, and I have seen other post with your focus issue.

It does look like the focus is stuck in near field. Try playing with the focus indoor while the Mavic is on but the props off. I flew it with my hand ( yes like a kid lol ) as a simulated flight while trying to adjust things. The idea is if you can see the camera trying to autofocus.

Reactions: expozzzz

I have exactly the same problem. It works just fine at home, but not in the field, neither on ground nor inflight. Did you find a fix?

I am in contact with DJI and I have sent them a video of the problem. If there is a solution I will post it here.

Started having the same issue yesterday. Did a gimble calibration and camera setting reset and that worked. Then I had to do it every time afterwards. Then today the previous things I did didn't work but constantly hitting C1 to focus finally did it. I'm convinced it's a firmware issue cause I never had this problem till the latest version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez