DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Image Transmission Signal

rockydog

Reactions
Over the last couple of days, I've been experiencing random loss of Image Transmission Signal. There doesn't seem to be any consistent pattern with regard to distance or location...today I flew past the point where the signal cut out yesterday, and the video feed back to my phone was perfect. Then, when the AC was about 60 metres away from me, the screen went blank and a box came up saying No Image Transmission Signal, and offered the option to Return to Home....same as yesterday. Re booted everything and did some more flights..a couple with no loss of signal, and a couple where the signal went.

One thread reporting similar issues suggested that having DJI GO and GO 4 installed on the same phone was the cause of their issue, and that removing GO solved the problem. I'll give it a try tomorrow after removing GO from my phone, but I don't see how having the 2 apps installed could cause the problem, as the Image Transmission Signal is generated by the AC, and the app is only reading what's sent back to it.

If anyone has any explanation, I'd be glad to hear it :(;)

Have you tried a different cable between the controller and the phone, some people have reported odd issues with the app showing no video but it's been fine with a different cable on the port on the back of the controller.

Over the last couple of days, I've been experiencing random loss of Image Transmission Signal. There doesn't seem to be any consistent pattern with regard to distance or location...today I flew past the point where the signal cut out yesterday, and the video feed back to my phone was perfect. Then, when the AC was about 60 metres away from me, the screen went blank and a box came up saying No Image Transmission Signal, and offered the option to Return to Home....same as yesterday. Re booted everything and did some more flights..a couple with no loss of signal, and a couple where the signal went.

One thread reporting similar issues suggested that having DJI GO and GO 4 installed on the same phone was the cause of their issue, and that removing GO solved the problem. I'll give it a try tomorrow after removing GO from my phone, but I don't see how having the 2 apps installed could cause the problem, as the Image Transmission Signal is generated by the AC, and the app is only reading what's sent back to it.

I have heard before that having both apps may cause problems so you could try that first. Not sure if this is relevant but aerial alignment is also important for good signal.

I had this a few times - after the flight I closed the dji app and realised I had received a couple of texts while I'd been flying and wondered if this might have caused it... since then I've been using the mavic with the phone in aeroplane mode with no problem.
Can't say that this was definitely the cause of the signal loss, just my experience.

Any further I have the same problem cheers.

Use another cable - from the bottom of the RC (not side) to the monitor/phone/pad.

I had the same issue. Once I replaced the cable, no problems anymore.

The side cable that came with the bundle is a piece of crap.

:cool:

Reactions: Lapeer20m
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78