DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NO LANDING ON IT'S OWN

MAVEYE

Reactions
c55dd5281729cdaa24d6900759dcc011.jpg

Can anyone explain why the mavic would land on it's on right there and then. In mid flight I was flying at 50ft all good 44 percent batt then all of a sudden pops up with landing ? now I noticed this before and thought it might be something I am doing but looking at the flight data I am not touching the joystick .

Can anyone explain why the mavic would land on it's on right there and then. In mid flight I was flying at 50ft all good 44 percent batt then all of a sudden pops up with landing ? now I noticed this before and thought it might be something I am doing but looking at the flight data I am not touching the joystick .
do you have anything on the bottom that may be affecting the sensors?

Reactions: Capt. Justin
NO nothing was going to get leg extensions but not at the moment I looked and all looks clean on the underbelly

If you post your flight log I'll take a look for you

I was mainly following the coastal sands but possibly the vps picked up the water and got confused but at 50ft?

I was mainly following the coastal sands but possibly the vps picked up the water and got confused but at 50ft?
I fly mainly over water and never had this.

Something I have noticed when looking at it again during my flight back to home I noticed a couple of times the mavic said I was at 6ft but I defently was not that close to the ground it was just a few seconds then popped back upto 50ft on another note I took off from a higher point than the beach sands itself and also noticed on a flight before this. it flashed up and showed -6ft even though I was not could this be the possible problem some sort of conflict from takeoff that because the mavic thought it was close to ground it decided to land ? or would this be irrelevant ?

Something I have noticed when looking at it again during my flight back to home I noticed a couple of times the mavic said I was at 6ft but I defently was not that close to the ground it was just a few seconds then popped back upto 50ft on another note I took off from a higher point than the beach sands itself and also noticed on a flight before this. it flashed up and showed -6ft even though I was not could this be the possible problem some sort of conflict from takeoff that because the mavic thought it was close to ground it decided to land ? or would this be irrelevant ?
Can't you just put your flight log on here so we can take a look for you

Disable VPS and precision landing. Especially when flying over water. Problem solved

yes it was sunny .
Did not fly directly over water tide was out.

Disable VPS and precision landing. Especially when flying over water. Problem solved
All you really need to do is disable Landing Protection.

Reactions: Steveyg777

I've been having some weird problems a bit like this : i click the return to home and is could be at about 40ft up but a message comes up saying that it is at 1.6ft continue landing? Also a problem with the fact that the drone will suddenly start ascending slowly and if i pull stick almost fully down it doesn't do much/enough to make it descend, if i pull sick cult down it goes into landing mode and is the only way to get the drone to descend (and it descends really slowly like one foot per second if that). Gonna start a new topic for it now though his so please look out for it and reply of you can help [emoji3]. I was just agreeing with OP on weird behaviour here.

don't know if this might help but I did it anyway and at the moment it seems good I re calibrated the imu plus the gps and also done the controller joystick I tested it and all seems good even though I was not prompted but looking back I did do a gps calibration in my garden and looking back I have a lot of metal in the garden ie gazebo kids swings slides and trampoline so poss a error on my behalf at the time. even though it said it was a good calibration at the time hope this might help there is a lot of experienced people on here who might be more helpful.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007